Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Scenario: Forgot your password.
Upon attempting to log onto the network, you are unable to do so and receive the following error message.
To reset your password, please do the following:
Step 1: Log on as the account mypassword
- Enter the name “mypassword” into the username field.
- Do NOT enter anything into the password field.
- Under log on to: There is no need to change this option. It can be either BCTC or ACAD.
After you click OK, a window will pop up that will look like this:
Step 2: Select “Reset my Password”
Step 3: Enter your User Name and select the domain, whether BCTC or ACAD and click Logon.
Step 4: Enter the answers to your (3) Challenge Questions. Type the response for each question below the question in the provided field as indicated below. Once you have entered your answer, please click the Continue button to proceed to the next question.
Step 5: Change your password
- Select Generate to use a pre-defined password or Enter to use your own. Enter your new password in the field as indicated below and click Reset Password once finished.
* Please be aware of the Password Requirements as listed in the diagram.
If there is a mistake you will see the following diagram.
*Please note: You can NOT use any of your previous 4 passwords
Step 6: Your password is Reset.
- Click on Return to Windows Logon now
Step 7: Hit Yes
You will be logged off and you can log back onto Windows with your username and NEW password.