About Our Site
Requesting Features on the Homepage of the Baruch College Web Site
Baruch’s Web Site is one of the most widely used access points for information about the College. Part of the homepage content is intended to be dynamic and highlight Baruch’s news and current events. Departments should contact Baruch’s Office of Communications and Marketing at 646-660-6105 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request placing a feature about their news or current events, including recruiting and enrollment information, on the Baruch College homepage.
Web Site Policies
All content and services on the Baruch College Web Site must be accessible to persons with disabilities and comply with The City University of New York (CUNY) Standards for IT Accessibility.
- Intellectual Property Policy
Baruch College complies with CUNY’s Intellectual Property Policy.
- Electronically Published Course Materials
Courses delivered over the internet, by computer, or through similar technologies may involve both copyrightable works and other intellectual property. Consistent with its intent to recognize the creator as the owner of scholarly or pedagogical works, CUNY claims no ownership rights in either the intellectual content of such courses, or the tools and technologies used to present them, unless the work was the result of sponsored research or is commissioned work.
- Permission to Use Baruch’s Web Design, Pictures, or Logos
The design, pictures, and logos may not be copied and used or posted by any other person or entity without permission from Baruch’s chief communications officer or attorney, other than units/offices at Baruch.
- Compliance with CUNY’s Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
Consistent with College, CUNY, and state policy on the appropriate use of College-owned equipment, the College’s Web page must not be used for commercial, non-mission-related purposes. CUNY’s Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources says that computer resources of CUNY must be used in a manner that is consistent with the University’s educational purposes and environment. The full text of CUNY’s Computer Resource Use Policy can be reviewed on the Baruch Computing and Technology Center site.
- Advertising Space Cannot be Sold at any Level of the Baruch College Web Site
“Advertising” refers to any situation in which the College or one of its units receives payment or in-kind gifts with a dollar value in exchange for a link or brand placement on a College Web page. While advertising cannot be sold, links to commercial vendors may be made in the following specific situations:
- The logo or graphic represents licensed software on which a core function of the page is based, e.g., Netscape, Adobe Acrobat Reader, RealAudio, VeriSign
- The logo or link is to a vendor or other entity separately contracted to provide services to the College
- Within a unit’s web page, a logo or link can be displayed to acknowledge the support of the unit’s mission-related activities through sponsorship. Such logos or links are deemed to be recognition of corporate or other external sponsorship; payment may not be accepted for that link or logo. The logos or reproductions of covers of entities who rank academic programs and institutions are permitted if they are in line with Baruch’s promotional goals as identified by the College’s chief communications officer
- The text link provides information for educational or other mission-related purposes and the College has received no consideration for incorporating that link. The logos of our accrediting bodies are permitted
- Guidelines for Linking and Presentation
A link should provide information for educational or other mission-related purposes and the College cannot have received consideration for incorporating that link. Such links should in no way imply endorsement of products or services offered by the external entity.
Office of Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box A-1503
17 Lexington Ave., Room 1503
New York, NY 10010
Telephone: 646-660-6105 Fax: 646-660-6104
Baruch Computing and Technology Center
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box H-0910
151 East 25th Street, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10010