Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Service Alerts
- Aleph Maintenance on Monday July 22nd from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM.
On Monday, July 22nd between the hours of 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM, a planned Database migration will be performed for the Aleph Production database. Production Aleph and OLS-managed EZProxy servers will not be available. Non-OLS managed, locally hosted EZProxy servers will not be impacted. CUNY OneSearch will be available for searching all CUNY resources on-campus, though real-time availability (current circulation status), authentication, and hold (CLICS) requests for print collections will not be available.
On-campus access to electronic resources via library websites, or
http://www.cuny.edu/libraries/local-research.html will not be otherwise impacted.
These will be unavailable for up to 2 hours. The goal is to bring everything back up as quickly and efficiently as possible. Off-campus access to e-resources requiring EZProxy authentication will be interrupted during this scheduled downtime. Please let OLS know if you have any questions or concerns.
Updated: 7/22/2019 8:48AM
News and Updates
- Skip the lines! Web Printing availiable from on- and off-campus
- Office 2016 Upgrades for Faculty and Staff - March 29, 2018
- VPN Software Upgrade - March 8, 2017
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program