Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Service Alerts
- FACTS Maintenance on Thursday, January 17th from 6:30AM to 7:30AM
CUNY/CIS will be doing a maintenance on Financial Aid Certification Tracking System (FACTS) between 6:30AM to 7:30AM. During this time, FACTS will not be available.
Ideate Maintenance on Tuesday, January 22nd from 9:00AM to 12:00PM
Maintenance will be performed on the Ideate application. As a result Ideate will be unavailable during the maintenance window.
Blackboard Maintenance on Friday, January 25th from 12:00AM to 6:00AM
Blackboard Managed Hosting will be performing maintenance at the data center where CUNY's Blackboard environment is hosted. Please note Blackboard will be unavailable during this maintenance window.
Degree Works ongoing issue regarding access for new users
The DegreeWorks team is aware of a DegreeWorks access issue that is affecting new users (students, faculty and staff). We are researching the issue to identify the root cause. We hope to have a resolution in place soon. Please hold off on submitting new CRM cases for new students who have a campus affiliation and are enrolled for Spring 2019 or for new staff/faculty who have a campus affiliation. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
CUNYfirst Down for Maintenance January 19 - 20, 2019
The CUNYfirst hosting partner has scheduled maintenance for the weekend of January 19 - January 20. CUNYfirst will be unavailable from 7pm Saturday, January 19 through 7pm Sunday January 20.
CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite December 13, 2018 through March 1, 2019
During the period of December 13th, 2018 through March 1st , 2019 (9am to 5pm) CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite on all user's workstations at Albany, ISLG, UAPC, 43rd St, 31st St, 41st St, 42nd St, 57th St, Hudson St, and Court St. Some users might experience minor delays in loading of applications or retrieving mail during the installation.
As part of the upgrade process a reboot of the system will be required.
Please close all applications and log off each night during this maintenance period.
Since CIS is performing this maintenance for specific locations throughout the maintenance window. A reminder maintenance will be sent to the scheduled location prior to their maintenance.
Updated 1/16/2019 10:33AM
News and Updates
- Skip the lines! Web Printing availiable from on- and off-campus
- Office 2016 Upgrades for Faculty and Staff - March 29, 2018
- VPN Software Upgrade - March 8, 2017
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program