Skip to content

Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar - FAQ

Office of the Registrar

CUNYfirst Self Service




Record Release (Transcripts, Certification)

Record Update (Address Change, Name Change)

Visiting Students

Office of the Registrar:-

Mailing Address:   Top            
Office of the Registrar     
Baruch College /CUNY 
151 E 25th Street, Box H-0850                                                                    
New York, NY 10010

Registrar's Office service hours:   Top                                                                                                       

Monday-Thursday 9:00am–6:00pm and Friday 9:00am–5:00pm

Registrar's Office telephone number:  Top

The Registrar's Office telephone number is (646) 312 1150. 

Registrar's Departmental Directory Top

Registrar's Office fax number: (646) 312-1151.   Top             

CUNYfirst Self Service: Using CUNYfirst (formerly eSIMS)

CUNYfirst has replaced eSIMS to give students access to all the services below with one single sign on from any computer.

Students may claim their CUNYfirst account now and login to CUNYfirst.

Learn More About CUNYfirst, Claim Your Account and Login

  • Register
    All the information you need to register will be right there on CUNYfirst - just select and click.
  • Search for Classes
    You don't have to go back and forth to find classes - it's all in CUNYfirst.
  • Validate Courses
    Course pre-requisites are displayed, and CUNYfirst will tell you if you qualify.

       No need to wait in line. CUNYfirst swaps courses for you.

DegreeWorks FAQs

What is the Degree Works Audit (DWA)?         Top

The Degree Works Audit (DWA) is a computerized program that displays your academic information based on the colleges’ requirements found in the Baruch Bulletin. The DWA enables you to track your academic progress towards degree. The DWA provides information on how each requirement was satisfied and what courses can be taken to complete your remaining requirements.

Is my Degree Works Audit the same as my Academic Transcript?     Top

The Degree Works Audit (DWA) is an unofficial advisement tool. It is not an Academic Transcript.

How can I get the most out of my Degree Works Audit?    Top

You should always review your degree progress report prior to meeting with an advisor, preparing any questions you may have regarding your requirements.

Who can help me understand the DWA?   Top

Process and print out your audit and see your respective Undergraduate Academic Advisor or Graduate Academic Advisor.

Undergraduate Academic Advisors:

Center for Academic Advisement, NVC: 5-215, (646) 312-4260

Graduate Advisors:

  • Zicklin School of Business, MS Programs, NVC 13-221, 646-312-3140
  • Zicklin School of Business, MBA Programs, NVC 13-280, 646-312-3132

School of Public Affairs

135 East 22nd Street, Suite 1005, (646) 660-6757 

Can the DWA help me decide what courses(s) I should take next semester?       Top

The audit shows both your completed and incomplete coursework for your degree. To learn more about the courses and confirm if you have met the prerequisites, click on the underlined course and you will be linked to the Schedule of Classes. From there you can click on the course title to see a description and the prerequisites for the course.

What do different Sections of my DWA represent?    Top

Student Header: Contains current status information, including name, School (Undergraduate or Graduate), Level (Level 4 equals second semester sophomore), Baruch GPA, ID (last four numbers of Social Security), Degree and, if you are a SEEK or Honors student you will see two additional fields – Program and Advisor.

Advice and Alert: Display various important messages based upon your credit level and GPA. They can be displayed anywhere within the Audit.

Bachelor of Bus Admin: A summary of all the requirements specific to your degree, including basic skills, the CUNY Proficiency Exam (CPE) and the College Preparatory Initiative (CPI).

Common Core Curriculum: Baruch Undergraduate core course requirements consisting of, Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3, that all students must take regardless of their Degree.

Pre-Business Requirements: These courses are the Zicklin School of Business program prerequisites which must be successfully completed before officially declaring your major.

Insufficient: Listing of courses where grade earned is not a passing grade.

In-Progress/Pre-registered Courses(s): A listing of courses where grade is not yet earned appears in different block as INP (in progress). These courses may also represent courses that you have completed but which have not been graded.

Courses Not Counted Toward Degree Requirements: A listing of duplicate courses (if there are duplicates, the program will automatically select the one with a higher grade and/or more credit hours) or courses that exceed the maximum allowable transfer credit limit.       

Graduation FAQs 

How do I file for graduation?    Top

To file for graduation, please fill out Application for Graduation form and submit that to Registrar’s office.  

When should I file for graduation?    Top

Deadlines for submission are as follows:             

Graduation Deadline
December 2015 (finishing Fall 2015) November 2, 2015
May 2016 (finishing Spring 2016) March 4, 2016
September 2016 (finishing Summer 2016) March 4, 2016


Can I get a letter verifying that I graduated?     Top

After your degree is posted on your transcript, you will be able to obtain a letter from the Registrar’s Office confirming your degree.

If I participate in commencement, have I earned my degree?    Top

No. Commencement is held before degree auditors can determine if Spring and Summer candidates have fulfilled their final requirements. Participating in the ceremony is not a guarantee of graduation.

For more Information Visit Application for Graduation

Can I have my transcript held until the degree is posted?     Top

If you want your transcript request to be held until the degree is posted, be sure to specify that when making your request. All obligations, whether academic and/or financial, must be cleared before your records will be released.                                                               

ePermit FAQs:

What is e-Permit?     Top

ePermit is CUNY's online application to obtain permission to register and attend classes at another CUNY college. Please note that an ePermit does not automatically register a student for a course nor does issuance of an e-permit guarantee enrollment at the Host College.

What are the eligibilities to apply for an ePermit?     Top

  • Students must currently be matriculated at Baruch College.
  • Undergraduate students must have 2.0 (or higher) cumulative GPA.
  • Graduate Students must have 3.0 (or higher) cumulative GPA.
  • Students must have no negative holds on their records (including Advisement and Bursar holds)
  • Students must meet all Baruch College registration requirements, such as residency and immunization.
  • All prerequisites must be completed prior to submitting a permit request.
  • ePermits will not be approved for 1st semester freshman or transfer students except Macaulay Honors College, ROTC and CUNYBA students.

If I have a hold on my record can I apply for an ePermit?    Top

If you have a "negative service indicator" on your record, you must clear it with the office that placed the hold on your record before you can apply for a permit.

How many credits can I take on ePermit?    Top

Students can take a combination of ePermit and Baruch courses up to the following limits per term & session:

  • Spring & Fall term= 18 credits
  • Summer = 7 credits per session
  • Winter session= 7 credits

How do I apply for an ePermit?     Top

The ePermit system can be accessed through CUNYfirst:


                                     HR/Campus Solution

                                                       ->Self Service
                                                       ->Student Center
                                                       ->Academics drop-down menu

Where do I pay for my ePermit?    Top

Payment for your e-Permit courses is made to Baruch College, not the Host College. Students eligible for financial aid are to apply through their Home College and are responsible for meeting any credit load requirements. Tuition is calculated based on the Host college credits. Courses for which material fees are applied are paid by the student to the Host College.

How would I know if my e-Permit request was approved?    Top

ePermit applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Upon receipt of requests, applications are processed in 5-7 business days. Students will receive an email confirmation of the progress of their ePermit request throughout the approval process. If a request was rejected, the student will be notified electronically of the reason for rejection.

How do I register for an ePermit I was approved for?    Top

Prior to taking courses at another institution a student should inquire at the Host College for registration dates and procedures governing permit/visiting students. Students may have to go in person to register for their approved course or in some instances may be able to register through CUNYfirst depending on the Host College’s policies.

Where can I find the course equivalency?    Top

Go to to find a course equivalency. If the course in question is not transferable to Baruch, you may not take the course on permit.

What if I want to cancel an ePermit that has already been approved?    Top

Select “Search ePermit” to show a list of all submitted ePermits, then click on the ePermit you wish to cancel. On the next screen just hit the “cancel” button. The Registrar will be notified of the cancellation and make the necessary changes to your CUNYFirst account. Remember that you must also drop the course registered for at the Host College.

To make sure you are not billed for courses you do not intend to take please make sure you drop them prior to the start of classes. The course must be dropped at the Host College and you must also drop the ePermit at Baruch College for a 100% refund. If you do not drop the course prior to the first date of classes you will have to provide proof that you did not register at the host college. The latest this should be done is the first week of classes.

Can I take a course at a Non-CUNY college?     Top

Yes, you can take a course at a Non-CUNY college. In order to do so, you have to fill out an Outgoing Permit Application. You may pick up the application from Registrar’s Office or Download it from the website.

Download an Outgoing Permit Application

Are there restrictions or guidelines for visiting undergraduate epermit students?   Top

Yes. Please review the policies set forth by the respective Baruch College Dean’s offices:

For ALL Undergraduate Students:

All students must meet Baruch College course pre-requisites, go to

For Weissman School of Arts and Science Undergraduate courses:

Courses above the 4000 level require permission from the Weissman School of Arts and Science Dean’s Office AND Academic Department prior to final approval and registration ability. You must submit a notice on official Baruch College letter head indicating the course permission received from the Dean's office and Academic Department to the Office of the Registrar ePermit Unit.

For Zicklin School of Business Undergraduate courses:

Permits are not issued for 3000 level Accounting and Finance courses. Additionally, enrollment in 4000 and 5000 level Zicklin courses are not available to visiting students.

For all visiting undergraduate and incoming ePermits students, Zicklin School of Business courses may not exceed 9 credits on their Baruch College (lifetime) academic record. This includes courses accumulated through matriculated records and non-degree records such as permit.

Please note, the following disciplines are part of the Zicklin School of Business: accountancy (ACC), computer information systems (CIS), economics (ECO), finance (FIN), insurance (INS), law (LAW), business policy (BPL), management (MGT), business (BUS), international business (IBS), marketing (MKT), operations research (OPR), real estate (REA), and statistics (STA).

Are there restrictions or guidelines for visiting graduate epermit students?    Top

Yes. Please review the policies set forth by the respective Baruch College Dean’s offices:

For ALL Graduate Students:

All students must meet Baruch College course pre-requisites, go to

For Weissman School of Arts and Science Graduate courses:

Courses are subject to the approval of the Weissman Office of Graduate Studies, NVC - 8-211, and are contingent upon availability.

For Zicklin School of Business Graduate courses:

Courses are subject to the approval of the Zicklin School of Business Office of Graduate Programs, NVC 13-280 or 646-312-3132.  Approvals are contingent on availability.

Permits are not issued for 9000 level (graduate) Accounting courses. Additionally, enrollment in 9000 level (graduate) Accounting courses are not available to any visiting students.

For School of Public Affairs Graduate courses:

Courses are subject to the approval of the School of Public Affairs office of Graduate Admissions, 135 E 22nd St. Room 1011, and are contingent upon availability.      

Record Release (Transcripts & Certificate of Attendance):

How do I request a copy of my transcript?    Top

Before requesting transcripts, please be certain that you do not have any holds that will prevent the processing of your request. Transcripts may be requested online, by mail, and in person.  Students may request official transcripts to send to themselves.  Student copies are available through ESIMS.

Note: an official transcript is one which will be submitted to a third party (eg: another school, a job). Unofficial transcripts should be used for advising purposes. If you receive and open a transcript, it cannot be considered “official” for the purpose stated above. 

Ordering Online

Baruch College provides a service which allows students to request a transcript online.  Simply click on the link below to get started.  Students using this service are responsible for the $7.00 transcript fee, as well as a $2.00 surcharge for using this system.  Transcripts can be requested 24 hours, 7 days a week using this service. Upon receipt of requests, transcripts are processed in 3-5 business days.

Order your transcript online

Check your online order

Ordering By Mail

Please click on the transcript request form and return it to the Registrar’s Office for processing.  Do not forget to sign and date the form. Upon receipt of requests, transcripts are processed in 5-7 business days.

         Transcript Request Form - PDF (Download Adobe Acrobat)

Mailing address:      Transcript Unit

                               Office of the Registrar

                               Baruch College

                               151 E 25th Street, Box H-0850

                               New York, NY 10010

Ordering In Person

Come to the Office of the Registrar and obtain a transcript request form or bring the form completed from the website.  Do not forget to sign and date the form. Upon receipt of requests, transcripts are processed in 5-7 business days.

Office location:     Office of the Registrar

                              151 East 25th Street Room#850

                              New York, NY 10010      

What is the cost of a transcript?    Top

Each copy of the transcript costs $7.00. Please make check or Money Order payable to Baruch College. Transcripts sent from Baruch to other units of City University are free. 

How long it takes to receive a transcript?    Top

Requests are processed in 5-7 business days of their receipt. However, students who attended prior to 1981, requests are processed in 7-9 business days. Transcript requests will not be processed unless all financial and other obligations to the college are met. 

For questions about transcripts, can I contact the Registrar's Office by e-mail?   Top

Yes. For transcript questions, send an e-mail to Please make sure to include your name and the last 4-digits of your social security number in all communications. 

How can I obtain an official certification letter to verify my enrollment?    Top

Please submit a Certification of Attendance Letter Form to the Registrar’s Office. Allow 3 to 5 days for processing.                                   

Record Update (Address Change, Name Change): 

How do I change my address?    Top

Complete the personal data change request form available on the web site and also in the Registrar's Office. Mail the form or bring it to the Registrar's Office. You must date and sign this form.

** Post Office box numbers are not acceptable**

How do I change my name?   Top

Complete the personal data change request form available on the web site and also in the Registrar's Office. Mail or submit the form along with the following documentation:

  • Naturalization papers (Certificate and Court Order)
  • A certified copy of a court order authorizing the change of name
  • A copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable)
  • A copy of a birth certificate  

How do I change my ID/ social security number?    Top

Complete the personal data change request form available on the web site and also in the Registrar's Office. Mail or submit the form along with the following documentation: A copy of your social security card.

Visiting Students:        

Can I take courses as a Visiting Student?   Top

Yes, if you are currently enrolled in a degree program at another college or university, have a bachelor degree, or have taken some college courses in the past. If you are a junior or senior in high school you make take courses during the summer sessions.

How do I apply?   Top

In general, most students will need to fill out a non-degree application, pay the processing fee, and submit documentation, such as transcripts or permits from home colleges.

Applications can be found on the Office of the Registrar website at 

What courses can I take?    Top

The schedule of classes is available online at In all cases, course prerequisites must be met.  Course descriptions and prerequisites can be found in the online schedule of classes or in the bulletin at .  Non-degree students may register for any course provided there is space available and they have meet all prerequisites and/or co-requisites

Are courses transferable?    Top

Students receive college credit for courses taken at Baruch College under any status except auditor. Students should check with their home institutions or future home institution regarding acceptance of courses taken at Baruch College.

Where do I get course materials, like the syllabus and textbook?    Top

You must contact the department for a list of course materials.  Departments are listed by discipline under the Baruch College directory at 

How much does it cost per credit?    Top

Tuition and fees are subject to change. To view current tuition and fees please visit Tuitions rates are higher for Out of State (non New York State) residents. In order to qualify for New York State tuition rates, all new students must file the Residency Form which can be found at 

Do I have to satisfy immunization requirements?   Top

Students who register for 6 or more credits at Baruch College must satisfy New York State immunization requirements. For more information, check our website at . 

What if I am an International student?   Top

First, your transcript must be translated by an official agency. We will accept a copy of the original. Second, if you do not have a U.S. social security number, please contact the unit at If you have questions regarding a VISA please contact the ISSC at .

How do I register?   Top

After your application is reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to access the online registration system.

Am I eligible for financial aid at Baruch?   Top

You must speak to your home school regarding financial aid for courses on permit at another school.

How do I pay my bill?   Top

Payments are processed by the Office of the Bursar. For all payment options, please visit the Bursar website at .

How do I gain access to the building(s)?   Top

You must bring a copy of your paid tuition receipt to the ID Center in order to have a Baruch College ID issued to you. Please visit for hours.