Supporting Your Research
- Contact the liaison librarian who is your department's or program's main point of contact with the library
- Help with research questions, purchases, subscriptions, citation analysis, journal rankings, alerting services, and more.
- Request an interlibrary loan
- Delivery times: articles in 1-3 days, books in 3-10 days
- We welcome all suggestions!
- Recommend a purchase
- Renewable 16-week loan periods for books
- 1-week loan period for videos
- Your student aide or research assistant can borrow on your behalf (stop by the circulation desk to set this up)
- CUNY Libraries
- Columbia University, NYU, and NYPL
- MaRLI for access and borrowing privileges at Columbia, NYU, and NYPL
- Request a METRO card to visit other local private libraries for materials unavailable in CUNY and NYPL
- Schedule an appointment with a subject specialist
- Help with the acquisition and use of datafiles and raw data for research. Contact the geospatial data librarian, Frank Donnelly.
Librarian subject specialists
Using other libraries
Supporting Your Teaching
- By broad disciplines and narrow topics or for specific courses.
- Want a guide for your course? Contact the librarian liaison for your department/program.
- Make a request to put materials on reserve
- Guidelines (procedures, copyright, etc.)
- View what you have on reserve: physical items (e.g. print books, DVDs, etc.) or online materials (e.g., scanned book chapters, articles, etc.)
- More info: 646-312-1660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DVDs and video
- Faculty may borrow video materials from the library (complete this request form).
- We purchase DVDs on demand to support the curriculum. Streaming video may be an option as well (contact Michael Waldman).
- Request a librarian to meet with your class to provide general overviews of information literacy, research strategies, and information resources.
All student services
- See what services and resources are available to your students (including technology loans such as clickers, laptops, graphing calculators, iPads, etc.)