CUNYfirst User Community:
The CUNYfirst System will be unavailable starting 7pm Saturday December 14 until 7pm Sunday December 15. There is the likelihood the system will be back up earlier on Sunday - after 4pm.
This maintenance will also cover our development environments, so those working in those should expect them to be back on line early Monday morning.
This is an important note for the Wave 4 Campus Solutions colleges who've begun working in the simulation system.
The CUNY Job Site will also be down for applicants during the Saturday/Sunday time.
As always, if there are issues accessing the system after this please direct folks to file a ticket with your local help desk.
Please alert your community to this important information.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
What is CUNYfirst?
CUNYfirst stands for "Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool." These new processes are streamlining and standardizing how everyday things are done throughout the University, from registering for classes to paying our bills. New applications are being implemented in phases to replace aging legacy systems. The entire project will establish CUNY processes well into the future.
- Featuring an interconnected University-wide system that effectively ties into and manages students’ education and records; faculty/staff employment and benefits information; and all College business operations.
Industry Best Practices
- Putting into place systems and procedures that comply with CUNY’s common goal of providing the best customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community.
Standardization without loss of identity
- Implementing common processes that can be accepted across the University, while allowing campuses to continue their unique missions.
- Making available modern systems and processes that allow each user more control and flexibility.
Accurate and timely information to better serve students, faculty, and staff
- Accessing information when we need it so we can perform our work on our timetable.
Replacement of aging computer systems
- Retiring systems that have reached their capacity and replacing them with modern educational and business systems.
Who will CUNYfirst affect?
Everyone from the students, to the faculty and staff will be positively affected by CUNYfirst, and everything from Student Administration to Human Resources and Finance Information will be upgraded. Our students' records will connect to the systems that run our businesses, as well as to the systems that keep personnel records of our faculty and staff. CUNYfirst will help the University meet its goal of providing the best customer service to our students, faculty, staff, and community
What areas will acquire these new systems?
The CUNYfirst system consists of three sections: Finance, Human Resources, and Campus Solutions. In each of these sections, new systems will change several key areas.
Several of these systems are already operational at Baruch College and other CUNY campuses, such as the Human Resources Self-Service segment, which allows faculty and staff to view and check personal information online.
As new applications are launched, everyone working at Baruch College will learn how to use the new tools needed for their function. Training will be available in classes or online.
In late March 2014, major portions of the Campus Solutions segment will go live, changing the way students register for classes, faculty enter grades online, and other processes. The new system will include a live and interactive interface, a waiting list feature and "shopping cart" functionality for class registration, and personalized daily, weekly, and monthly class schedule calendars.
Once the system is available, all Baruch College faculty, staff, and students will have access to online classes and other web-based support, as well as an on-campus Help Desk.
Learn more at the University's CUNYfirst site.