Admissions Home  >   Immunization Forms

Immunization and Medical Information

All students need to submit proof of MMR immunization and proof or waiver for Meningitis immunization before classes start.

You cannot attend classes until your forms are turned in. Anyone born on January 1, 1957 or after must submit proof of immunization with the following conditions: All degree students must submit proof of immunization regardless of number of credits attempted. Non-degree students who wish to register for six or more college credits at Baruch College must submit proof of immunization. For more information, you can visit Baruch Health Services.

All immunization records go to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
151 East 25 St., Rm.720
New York, NY 10010

Mon. - Thur.: 9:15 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fri: 9:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.



Baruch Immunization Form

Residence Hall: Tuberculosis Clearance Form

Medical Exemption Form

Religious Exemption Form


Immunization Policy Q&A

Why are we required to submit proof of immunization?

There have been recent outbreaks of measles, mumps, and rubella on college campuses. These diseases are highly contagious, and can present serious health problems. With proper immunizations, these diseases can be controlled. New York State Public Health Law Sections 2165 and 2167 and NYC regulation 10 NYCRR Section 66-1.3 (b) mandate measles, mumps, and rubella immunizations for college students. Students who fail to provide such documentation may not register for classes.

For detailed information on the NYS Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167, please visit the NYS Department of Health website. You can also find out more about NYS Public Health Law 2164 and Adult Immunization.

You can read more about Baruch's policy on Meningococcal Meningitis here.

What is the required immunization?

Acceptable proof of immunization must include one or more of the following:

record of vaccination with live virus vaccine with the first dose given no more than four days prior to your first birthday. This includes one dose for mumps, one dose for rubella, and two doses for measles. The dates of the live mumps and rubella vaccines must be 1969 or later. Both measles vaccinations must be given after 01-01-68, and the second measles must be on or after 15 months of age,


A report of the results of a titer for immunity (i.e. a laboratory test performed on blood) for measles, mumps and rubella.

The New York State Board of Health does not accept a doctor’s diagnosis for measles, mumps, or rubella. All students must provide exact dates of receiving the MMR vaccine or a copy of the immune titer.

What is the MMR vaccine?

The MMR vaccine provides protection against measles, mumps, and rubella. MMR vaccine is recommended for both measles vaccine doses to provide increased protection against all three vaccine-preventable diseases. The date of the MMR immunization must be after 1972.

I am a foreign student who wants to apply; what should I do?

You are required to submit the same documentation as other students. In most cases, you will be able to be immunized in your home country. If you were immunized in your country, please submit your documentation in English! If you are unable to obtain immunization in your country, you must obtain your first shot immediately upon arrival in the United States. There must be at least 30 days between the first and second shot.

Call the Medical Records Unit at (646) 312-1159 to find out where you may be immunized.

I am an out-of-state student enrolling at Baruch College; what should I do?

You will have to submit documentation of proper immunization prior to being permitted to register for classes.

I had the measles, mumps, and/or rubella disease. How can I show proof?

Even if you have had rubella, the only acceptable proof of immunization would be proof of vaccination, or a blood titer that shows you are immune. Contact your physician to arrange for a blood test. If this blood test does not show immunity, you will have to be vaccinated.

I have not received two immunizations against measles, but have a health condition and
can't be immunized now. What can I do?

If a licensed physician or health practitioner certifies in writing that one or more of the required immunization may be detrimental to your health, this requirement may be waived until it no longer poses a health problem. The statement must specify which immunization will be detrimental, and the length of time it will be detrimental.

Your statement must be submitted with a medical exemption form. These forms are also available at the Medical Records Office.

It’s against my religious beliefs to be immunized. What can I do?

A religious exemption may be claimed by submitting the Religious Exemption form and a written and notarized statement by the student or parent/guardian if the student is less than 18 years of age. This statement must describe the beliefs in sufficient detail to permit the institution to determine that (1) the beliefs are religious in nature (not philosophical or political) and (2) the beliefs are genuinely and sincerely held. Baruch College requires supporting documents from the organization you belong to. The religious exemption form is available here and at the Medical Records Office.

Will a medical or religious exemption affect my class attendance?

In the event of an outbreak of measles, mumps or rubella in the College, the Commissioner of Health may order that students without documentation of immunity be excluded from attendance until the required documentation of immunity is submitted.

The doctor whom I received immunization no longer practices. How can I get this proof?

If the student is already aware that he/she does not have documentation, you may submit a Department of Health Immunization card or obtain new immunization shots or titers.

Do I submit the immunization proof and Confidential Medical Record at the same time?

We encourage you to submit these required documents at the same time, if possible.

How can I submit these documents?

Proof can be mailed to the postal address above. Make sure that your name and ID number are clearly indicated.

You can also return the forms in person to the Medical Records Office, 151 East 25th Street, Room 720.