Transfer Credit Evaluation
As soon as we receive your Transfer Response Form we will begin the process of evaluating your prior credits. Once your transcripts have been processed, your Transfer Credit Evaluation will be forwarded to the Center of Academic Advisement & New Student Orientation.
If you have attended a CUNY school, we encourage you to take a look at CUNY’s online Transfer Information and Program Planning Systems or TIPPS for information at what classes can transfer over to Baruch.
Regarding courses in progress:
If you are currently registered for classes at another college, we will need an updated official transcript showing your grades at the end of the semester. Please have your previous institution submit an official transcript directly to Baruch College. CUNY transcripts will be electronically retrieved during the semester.
All transcripts containing updated information must be mailed to:
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010
- Advanced Placement Examination (AP): If you have completed the AP Examination you can request the College Board to send your results to code 2034. Transfer credit will be given for grades 4 and 5 on the AP exam. Select this link to view the Baruch College AP Equivalencies.
Please visit the College Board Score Reporting Services page for more information on score reporting services.
- Credit is granted only for courses taken at institutions that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting commissions.
- Transfer credit will only be granted from institutions listed on the student’s admission application.
- You may receive credit for a course or its equivalent only once.
- Credits earned with any passing grade from another unit of CUNY may be transferred to Baruch.
- Credits from an accredited non-CUNY college may be accepted if a grade of at least C was obtained.
Your Transfer Credit Evaluation
During the Advisement Session of Transfer Orientation you will review your Transfer Credit Evaluation. It will reflect the institutions you attended and the equivalent courses and credits that have been successfully transferred to Baruch College.