newly admitted students

If you’ve been accepted into the School of Public Affairs, you are required to complete some important forms and documentation. Please follow the detailed instructions below.

Proof of Residency
The Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Services determines your residency status based upon the information submitted in your application. If the Office cannot make this determination based on that information, you will be contacted and asked to submit:

  • Proof of New York State residence for 12 consecutive months
  • A completed Residency Application Form

Students who cannot provide this documentation will be considered out-of-state students, and will be expected to pay non-resident tuition fees.

Intent to Matriculate
Newly admitted applications to the traditional MPA, Executive MPA, M.S.Ed.-HEA, and SAM Citywide programs must provide the following documentation and payments:

  • A completed Intent to Matriculate form notifying the School of Public Affairs of your intent to enroll in the program
  • A non-refundable deposit of $250 to reserve a seat for the first semester's enrollment (Executive MPA students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit) made by money order or check payable to Baruch College.
  • If your name has changed, or differs from the name that appears on the check, please write "Tuition Deposit" and your name with the last 4 digits of your Social Security number in the memo section.

Immunization Requirement
New York State Law 2165 stipulates that all college students must provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. The Baruch College Medical Records Unit process the immunization requirement. The Unit is housed in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, yet it manages both undergraduate and graduate immunization records. All immunization inquires, documentation, and the Immunization Form must be sent to the Medical Records Unit at the address indicated.

There a few ways to provide proof of immunization:

  • Download the Immunization Record Form and have your health care provider complete and stamp it, then submit it to the Medical Record Unit.
  • Request a copy of your immunization records be sent from your undergraduate institution to the Medical Records Unit at Baruch College.
  • Submit an immunization titre (blood test to confirm immunity) to the Medical Records Unit. This can be done through your own doctor, or the Baruch College Student Health Care Center. You must present your letter of admission to the Student Health Care Center when visiting for your test. The center charges a fee of $60, payable by cash, check, credit, or debit. Your results will not be automatically forwarded on your behalf; you must submit the titre documentation after you receive it. A copy of the laboratory report must be included with the Immunization Record form.

Immunization records must have an official stamp. The name on your medical records must match the name on your Baruch application. If it does not, name change documentation must be provided.