newly admitted students

If you've been accepted into the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs, congratulations! You will need to complete some important steps before enrolling. Please follow the detailed instructions below.

Intent to Enroll & Deposit

Newly admitted students to the MPA, Executive MPA, MSEd-HEA, and SAM Citywide programs must indicate their intent to enroll by completing the online form provided with the acceptance notice, or return the intent form that accompanies the acceptance letter sent via post. A deposit is required to enroll. The deposit will be credited to your first semester's bill, which includes tuition and fees. You may send to our mailing address, or deliver it in person at our walk-in address (both listed below). Please do not remit deposit payments to the College's Bursar. You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your deposit is received.

  • A non-refundable deposit of $250 to reserve a seat for the first semester's enrollment (Executive MPA students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit) made by or check or money order only, payable to Baruch College.
  • If your name has changed, or differs from the name that appears on the check, please write "Enrollment Deposit" and your name in the memo section.

Mailing address
Baruch College- Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs
Graduate Admissions & Enrollment Services
One Bernard Baruch Way - Box D-0901
New York, NY 10010-5585

Physical/Walk-in address
135 East 22nd Street (off Lexington Ave.) NYC - 9th Floor (9-5pm)

Immunization Requirement

Please inform us of your decision to enroll prior to submitting your immunization documents.

As per New York State Law 2165, all college students must provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. The Baruch College Medical Records Unit reviews and processes immunization documents. The Unit is housed in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, but manages both undergraduate and graduate immunization records. All immunization inquires, documentation, and the Immunization Record Form must be sent to the Medical Records Unit at the address indicated.

  • Download and print the Immunization Record Form and have your health care provider complete the information, sign and stamp the form, then submit it to the Medical Record Unit. Alternately, you may request a copy of your immunization records from your undergraduate institution.
  • Another option for students who are unable to provide sufficient documentation is to obtain an immunization titre, which is a simple blood test that confirms your immunity. This can be done through your own doctor, or you may use the Baruch College Student Health Care Center. You will need your letter of admission when you visit for your test. The center charges a fee of $60, payable by cash, check, credit or debit. Send the titre results including laboratory report to the medical records unit at Baruch College. If titre results indicate you do not have sufficient levels of the vaccine(s), you may obtain an MMR shot FREE OF CHARGE at the Student Health Care Center.

Records must have an official stamp to be considered official. You should make this explicit to whomever you speak to when requesting to have your records sent. If your doctor or healthcare provider does not have or use an official stamp, they may confirm the pertinent information on prescription paper and sign it. Be mindful that the name on your medical records must match the name on your Baruch application. If your name differs, please provide the appropriate documentation of your name change.

Proof of Residency

The Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Services determines your residency status based upon the information submitted in your application. If the Office cannot make this determination based on that information, you will be contacted and asked to submit:

  • Proof of New York State residence for 12 consecutive months
  • A completed Residency Application Form

Students who cannot provide this documentation will be considered out-of-state students, and will be expected to pay non-resident tuition fees.