Office of Human Resources
The Compensation Unit's mission is to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with the high standards promoted by Baruch College and City University of New York. We work closely with payroll systems operations and solutions to audit, submit and assure accurate and timely processing of payroll and payroll related transactions. We process all time and leave according to contractual bargaining agreements and University personnel policy.
Prior timesheets can be obtained by contacting the Payroll Unit at 646 660-6606
- College Assistant Timesheets 2017
- The College Assistant Calculator
- Non-Teaching Adjunct Timesheets 2017
- Continuing Studies Timesheets 2017
- HEO Timesheets for 2016-17
- HEO Timesheet Training Presentation
- White Collar Timesheets for 2016-17
- Full Time Teaching Time Sheet (one per department per month-)
- Buildings and Grounds Request for Overtime
- Public Safety Request for Overtime
Unless noted otherwise, all forms should be returned to Human Resources.
Federal Tax Form
W-4 (2017) - For Federal taxes
To be filled out with IT-2104 form
- State Certificate of Tax Withholding (IT-2104 for 2017) - For NY State taxes - To be filled out with Federal W-4 form
- State Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (IT-2104E-2017) - For any resident who wants to claim exemption from state/city tax. The criteria are listed on the form that the employee must meet to qualify for exemption
- Request for Duplicate W-2
- Request for Pay Stubs Form
- Request for Replacement Check
- Direct Deposit
- Pre-Paid Legal Form
- Paycheck Receipt
Return to the Controller's Office
- Request for Exemption from Social Security and Medicare (FICA) Taxes
- Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual -This information and forms are to be used by nonresident aliens only who want to claim exemption from federal and state/city taxes
These are the scheduled holidays, unscheduled holidays, and annual leave year periods as provided by Board policy or by the various Union contracts, which may be subject to change. As you will see, all groups of employees have similar schedules, but they are not identical. Therefore, it is important that you consult the chart to determine your exact grouping.
Employees are encouraged to use annual leave accruals during the annual leave period in which earned. Hours of work are those designated by the College or unit and cannot be changed or amended without the approval of the President or his or her designee.
For holidays which fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the schedule indicates when they are to be observed, or provides for an unscheduled holiday, for employees who normally are scheduled to work Monday through Friday. For employees other than those in Section 220 titles, who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is to be observed on the particular Saturday or Sunday in question. For employees in Section 220 titles who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is to be observed on the Monday or Friday indicated on the chart; if such employee is regularly scheduled to be off on the Monday or Friday in question, that employee is to be credited with a compensatory day. If an employee's regular day off fall on both the observed and the actual holidays, the employee is to be credited with an unscheduled holiday (referred to as a compensatory day for employees in Section 220 titles).
If you have any questions, you should contact Human Resources.
- Classified Staff Application for Leave - For use when requesting to use time for Annual, Sick or Unscheduled Holidays
- Classified Staff Compensatory Time Authorization - Form to authorize compensatory time
For Leave For Special Purposes - (Full Time Teaching and Non-Teaching Instructional Time Sheet-Faculty, HEO's, Registrar and CLT's)
For use when taking jury duty or bereavement leave
What is the Baruch College/CUNY Federal Identification Number (FIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
The FIN or EIN number is 133893536
How do I change my personal information in the Human Resources and Payroll Databases?
To change personal information please submit a Change of Personal Data Form http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hr/documents/ChangeofPersonalDataForm.pdf to the Human Resources Office.
Why is there a discrepancy between my gross annual earnings and my annual base salary?
For full time employees computation of the biweekly wage is made by dividing the annual salary by the number of calendar days in the year and multiplying this result by fourteen (the number of calendar days in a pay period). For further information please review this link: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hr/documents/LeapandNon-LeapYearFactorMemo2012.pdf
What happens if I lost my paycheck?
In the event you lost your paycheck please submit a Stop Payment and Reissue Check Form to the Compensation Unit. This process takes two to four weeks.
How long does it take to make a change to my direct deposit information?
Direct Deposit changes will take effect 2-3 pay periods after a new Direct Deposit form with all fields properly completed has been submitted to the Compensation Unit.
When closing my direct deposit bank account who should I contact first, my bank or Baruch College Compensation Unit?
We advise employees to close their direct deposit account with the Compensation Unit first to avoid the check being kicked back to the State.