Summer Liberal Arts Institute
The Summer Liberal Arts Institute at Baruch College allows qualified 10th and 11th graders in a NYC Public High School to enroll in a variety of college credit bearing courses. Summer course offerings usually include:
- Cultural Anthropology (ANT 1001)
- Business Fundamentals (BUS 1011)
- Journalistic Writing (JRN 3050)
- Critical Health Issues (HED 1191)
- Personal Finance (FIN 1601)
For course description please visit the Baruch College Undergraduate Bulletin.
The Liberal Arts Institute is a comprehensive program consisting of this range of courses and correlating workshops that will focus on the completion of a culminating project. Each course will award either 3 or 4 college credits and attendance in the afternoon workshop will be mandatory, in order to receive credit for the morning course.
Dates: July 9th - August 16th (Monday thorugh Thursday; 9:00am-2:00pm)
Location: All summer courses are held at Baruch College
Attendance Policy: Attendance is Mandatory. Unexcused absences will NOT be allowed during the summer session.
Unique Aspects of the Liberal Arts Institute:
- Unlike Fall & Spring the summer is open to sphomores and juniors from any NYC Public High School, regardless of College Now partnership
- Metrocards & daily lunch vouchers are provided
- Complimenarty workshop attached to each lecture
- Students will be required prepare a culminating research project
Upon acceptance in to the Liberal Arts Institute students will be required to attend a mandatory orientation and maintain satisfactory attendance and academic performance.
We look forward to seeing you at Baruch College!