Page tree


Students may not take credit-bearing courses simultaneously at Baruch College and any other educational institution without permission from the Dean’s Office of their school. 

If a student takes a course at another institution, the combined program load must not exceed a total of 18 equated credits.

There must be no time overlap when courses are taken at another school simultaneously with courses at Baruch.

No permit can be issued for required composition (ENG 2100 and 2150 or the equivalent) or for required accountancy or finance courses.

Recipients of an Excellence Award, Macaulay Honors College or Baruch Scholarship may not take courses on permit without the appropriate advisor permission.

Permits are not issued to community colleges.

Permission must be granted prior to registering at the other institution.

No permit will be issued for courses that have been repeated three times at Baruch.


Baruch students wishing to attend another CUNY school on permit:

If you intend to take a course at another CUNY school, you must submit the request through You will be informed of the progress of your permit request throughout the approval process via email. If a request is rejected, you will be notified of the reason for the rejection. Tuition for approved CUNY permit courses is paid to your home college. Grades for courses taken on permit at another CUNY college are posted on your home transcript and are counted in the computation of your GPA.

Please note:

  • Permits are not issued for Community College coursework. 
  • Permits are not issued for first semester freshman or transfer students with no Baruch GPA.
  • Permits are issued only to students matriculated for a degree at Baruch College who are not on academic probation.
  • Permits are not issued for courses in accounting

How to use ePermit?

To access e-Permit, you must have a CUNY Portal ID. To obtain a CUNY Portal ID, go to the CUNY homepage ( and click the “Log In” button at the left. Once on the University Home Page, you will have to register for a Portal ID and Password by clicking on “Register” and following the directions. Once registered, go to and login with your CUNY Portal ID and password, and follow the instructions to file the permit application.

Non-CUNY permit:

Non-CUNY permit students must submit a letter from the Dean or Registrar of their home college indicating the courses for which they have been approved to take at Baruch. A $65.00 application fee must accompany the permit application. Applications and more information about registration are available at

Information for Non-degree Students:

Non-degree students are offered courses on a space available basis only. Not all courses offered by the college are available to Non-degree students. In general, business courses are not available to undergraduate Non-degree students. Non-degree students are required to meet the same scholastic standards and attendance requirements as degree seeking students, including prerequisites and co-requisites as described in the Bulletin and Schedule of Classes. Non-degree students who do not wish to take final examinations may, upon application to the Registrar’s Office, be assigned the AUD grade. See the academic calendar for deadlines. Non-degree students may register for a maximum of 2 courses (6 -8 credits.) Applications and more information about registration are available at

Undergraduate Non-degree: are those who have not earned a baccalaureate degree and wish to take liberal arts or public affairs courses at Baruch. Non-degree students must meet all course prerequisites as stated in the Schedule of Classes.

Post-baccalaureate: are those who have earned a baccalaureate degree and wish to take undergraduate courses. Post-baccalaureate students may take 3000 business courses except for those offered by the departments of Accountancy and Finance.

Teachers on Sabbatical: Teachers on Sabbatical must file a copy of their leave contract with the Registrar’s Office at the time of application to attend Baruch.

Senior Citizens: may register for undergraduate introductory level liberal arts or public affairs courses on an audit basis only. Senior citizens who wish to take courses for degree credit must pay the regular tuition for these courses

#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))
  • No labels