The Seek Transfer Division is closed for the Fall 2018..
Note: Acceptance into Baruch College does not guarantee acceptance to the SEEK Program.
Transferring from one school to another can be difficult and intimidating – all over again you must adjust to a new environment and community. However, because you are transferring from another special program to SEEK, you will find that there are many resources to help the process run smoothly. The SEEK Transfer Division is dedicated to making the transition from your previous college to Baruch as smooth as possible.
SEEK transfer students should direct their inquiries to: Gloria.Paulus@baruch.cuny.edu 646-312-4649.
- Please consider the steps below as you begin the transfer process. Be advised that this list highlights the basic procedures and is not all-inclusive. Your school may have special transfer requirements.
- Complete the online CUNY transfer applicataion: http://www2.cuny.edu/admissions/apply-to-cuny/
- Complete the Special Programs Transfer Request Form (SPTR) with your counselor. After completing the form, you must mail it to UAPC by the CUNY-Wide priority deadline (September 15th for the Spring semester, February 1st for the Fall semester). A copy of the SPTR should be sent to Baruch Colleeg.
- Visit the Baruch Transfer Page for more information on the transfer process: www.baruch.cuny.edu/transfer
- Complete the online financial aid applicataion at: www.fafsa.com - Baruch code 0007273
- Complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.hesc.com - Baruch code 1409
SEEK Services & Mandates
- All SEEK students are required to maintain full-time status.
- SEEK transfer benefits include but are not limited to: counseling, two extra semesters of TAP, and SEEK academic support.
- All SEEK transfers will be required to attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation. This is a separate event from the general Baruch orientation, and will introduce you to the SEEK staff, the SEEK requirements, and the resources available on campus.
- All SEEK students will be enrolled in the mandatory Transfer Seminar which runs for the first 5 weeks of the semester.
- For an overview of the credit evaluation process, go to: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/transfer/admissions/transfer_credit_evaluation/
- Credits are only accepted for courses taken at institutions that are recognized by one of the regional accrediting commissions.
- If you are transferring from a CUNY two-year school (College Discovery Program), your degree must be on file on CUNY FIRST by the beginning of the term.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for SEEK?
If you participated in SEEK/College Discovery/EOP/HEOP, you are eligible to apply to SEEK as a part of your transfer application.
How will I know if my application is being considered for SEEK?
You must mark the Special Programs box in your CUNY transfer application, and you must submit the SPTRF to UAPC.
Am I guaranteed a space in SEEK?
Unfortunately due to space limitations, we cannot guarantee a spot for SEEK transfers. Because of this, we stress that students apply early.
Once I’ve been accepted, are there any required events I have to attend?
All new SEEK transfers will be required to attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation before the start of the semester. This event is designed to introduce you to the Baruch resources and some of the SEEK staff. This a separate from the general Baruch College Orientation where you will register for classes.
At my previous college, I was required to attend a summer program. Will I have to attend another one?
Some students may be mandated to enroll in additional academic support during the summer or winter session prior to transferring into Baruch SEEK. A separate email will be sent to students who meet this need.
I already completed a Freshman Seminar in my previous college. Will I have to take it again?
All new SEEK transfer students will be required to participate in the SEEK Program Transfer Seminar. The Transfer Seminar is held on Mondays, and will run for the first 5 weeks of the semester. Please keep this in mind as you plan your schedule.
How do I maintain my SEEK status?
All SEEK students are required to maintain full-time status. Students are mandated to meet with their counselor every semester. Students acknowledge that SEEK is a day program, and we will require students to participate in some capacity during daytime hours.
I am totally lost about financial aid. Where do I go for help?
If you need assistance or have any questions or concerns, please contact FASSEEK@baruch.cuny.edu.
I’m completely lost! Where do I go!?
That is perfectly normal. You can familiarize yourself with the campus by taking a tour. The link to RSVP is: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/undergrad/visit.html
You are also invited to meet with the Welcome Center. Students can find more information by going to: https://www.baruch.cuny.edu/undergrad/visit.html
For any other concerns, you are always welcome to speak with the Transfer Division by calling (646) 312 4649.