The SEEK Peer Mentoring Program at Baruch provides upper classmen the opportunity to influence and inspire incoming first year students during the SEEK Summer Academy and the academic year. By serving as mentors for the incoming first year students, not only do mentors strengthen their own leadership potential, but also support the development and transition of their mentees into college.
Watch our SEEK Peer Mentor Video!
How do I Become a Peer Mentor?
To become a SEEK Program Peer Mentor you must be:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time SEEK student with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Submit application, unofficial student transcript, resume, one recommendation form from your SEEK counselor and one recommendation letter completed by a non-SEEK personnel.
- Successful completion of Summer Academy mentor training
- Available to:
- work 10-20 hours a week during the summer (July-August)
- work 6-10 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters
- attend first-year seminars during Tuesday club hours (12:30pm - 2:15pm)
- attend bi-weekly peer mentor meetings during the fall and spring semester
Applications for the 2019-2020 cohort will open in April 2019