Student Resources

Analytical Course Support

Analytical skills are critical to the success of a graduate program and beyond. MSPIA employs an expert academic support specialist solely for public affairs students to help them study for economics, statistics, and research methods courses. The academic support center is located on the 4th floor of 135 E. 22nd street in a historic jail cell (see article from The New York Times). Tutoring sessions are by assigned times only. The appointment schedule is distributed prior to each semester through the advisement newsletter.

Writing Assistance

Excellence in written communication is expected of graduate students. The Baruch College Writing Center has a group of professional specialists to work with students on writing. Professors expect students to take advantage of the writing center to improve their written communication skills.

Financial Aid

Loans, grants, and other forms of aid are handled by the College's Office of Financial Aid Services. The graduate academic advisement team cannot answer financial aid questions because of confidentiality. Mrs. Kimberly Maynard in the Financial Aid office is the dedicated graduate financial aid counselor.

Health Services

The Office of Health Services at Baruch offers many medical and informational resources.


There are times when students have personal issues while pursuing a graduate degree. Contact the Baruch College Counseling Center in the event of a traumatic life incident, a personal crisis, or any other mental health matter.


CUNY students are eligible for various discounts from merchants. Access the CUNY e-Mall through the CUNY Portal, the same logon for Blackboard.

BCTC (Baruch Computing and Technology Center)

BCTC is an excellent resource for any tech-related problems or issues with Blackboard, Email, CUNY Portal, printing or CUNYFirst. There are several downloadable resources for active students as well.

Professional Memberships

Many professional associations offer membership discounts for graduate students. Joining a professional association is a good way to stay current with developments in the field, to network with practitioners, and to enhance one's resume. Three professional associations are recommended for MPA students: American Society for Public Administration, the Association for Public Policy and Management, and the Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action. Higher Education Administration students should look into the American Association of University Administrators.

View the Marxe Graduate Academic Advisement Handbook