Office of Human Resources
The Compensation Unit's mission is to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with the high standards promoted by Baruch College and City University of New York. We work closely with payroll systems operations and solutions to audit, submit and assure accurate and timely processing of payroll and payroll related transactions. We process all time and leave according to contractual bargaining agreements and University personnel policy.
- Full Time Teaching Time Sheet (one per department per month)
- Buildings and Grounds Request for Overtime
- Public Safety Request for Overtime
Full-Time Employee Timesheets may be accessed via the Full Time - Time Keeping Time and Leave Management System
- Full Time - Time Keeping Log-in (For Full-Time Employees, excluding Faculty)
- Full Time - Time Keeping - User Guide to Submitting Time Sheets
- Full Time - Time Keeping - User Guide to Submitting Time Sheets (ECP employees only)
- Full Time - Time Keeping - Supervisor's Guide
- Holiday Schedule 2019-2020
- Full Time Payroll Calendar for 2019
- New Timekeeping System for Full-Time Employees (Excluding Faculty) Announcement
If excess hours require Overtime payment an Overtime Request Form is still necessary.
Part-Time Employee Timesheets may be accessed via the Part Time - Time Keeping Time and Leave Management System
- Part Time - Time Keeping Log-in (For College Assistants, Non-Teaching Adjuncts, and Continuing Education Teachers)
- Part Time - Pay Period #9 - Due Dates
- Part Time - Time Keeping - Employee Guide to Submitting Time Sheets
- Part Time - Time Keeping - Timekeeper's and Supervisor's Guide to Submitting/Confirming/Approving Time Sheets
- Part-Time Payroll Calendar for 2019
Prior timesheets can be obtained by contacting the Payroll Unit at 646 660-6606
Unless noted otherwise, all forms should be returned to Human Resources.
- Federal Tax Form
W-4 (2020) - For Federal taxes
- State Certificate of Tax Withholding (IT-2104 for 2020) - For NY State taxes
- State Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (IT-2104E-2020) - For any resident who wants to claim exemption from state/city tax. The criteria are listed on the form that must be met to qualify for exemption
- Request for Duplicate W-2
- Request for Pay Stubs
- Request for Replacement Check
- Change of Personal Data
- Direct Deposit
- Paycheck Receipt Form
- Exemption from Withholding on Compensation for Independent (and Certain Dependent) Personal Services of a Nonresident Alien Individual - This information and forms are to be used by nonresident aliens only who want to claim exemption from federal and state/city taxes
- Pre-Paid Legal Form
- Employment Verification Request Form
- View the employee holiday schedule for 2019-2020
- View the employee holiday schedule for 2018-2019
- View the employee holiday schedule for 2017-2018
- View the employee holiday schedule for 2016-2017
These are the scheduled holidays, unscheduled holidays, and annual leave year periods as provided by Board policy or by the various Union contracts, which may be subject to change. As you will see, all groups of employees have similar schedules, but they are not identical. Therefore, it is important that you consult the chart to determine your exact grouping.
Employees are encouraged to use annual leave accruals during the annual leave period in which earned. Hours of work are those designated by the College or unit and cannot be changed or amended without the approval of the President or his or her designee.
For holidays which fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the schedule indicates when they are to be observed, or provides for an unscheduled holiday, for employees who normally are scheduled to work Monday through Friday. For employees other than those in Section 220 titles, who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is to be observed on the particular Saturday or Sunday in question. For employees in Section 220 titles who are regularly scheduled to work Saturday and/or Sunday, the holiday is to be observed on the Monday or Friday indicated on the chart; if such employee is regularly scheduled to be off on the Monday or Friday in question, that employee is to be credited with a compensatory day. If an employee's regular day off fall on both the observed and the actual holidays, the employee is to be credited with an unscheduled holiday (referred to as a compensatory day for employees in Section 220 titles).
If you have any questions, you should contact Human Resources.
- Classified Staff Application for Leave - For use when requesting to use time for Annual, Sick or Unscheduled Holidays
- Classified Staff Compensatory Time Authorization - Form to authorize compensatory time
For Leave For Special Purposes - (Full Time Teaching and Non-Teaching Instructional Time Sheet-Faculty, HEO's, Registrar and CLT's)
For use when taking jury duty or bereavement leave
- Application For Special Leave For Special Purposes - (Instructional Staff for personal emergencies of not more than 10 working days may be granted with pay)
- For FMLA, Paid Parental Leave, Worker's Compensation, or Donation of Time, see the Benefits Page
For any questions that relate to retroactive payments since August 2019, please submit a Salary Increase and Retroactive Payment Inquiry Form to the Office of Human Resources at Human.Resources@baruch.cuny.edu .
What is the Baruch College/CUNY Federal Identification Number (FIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
The FIN or EIN number is 133893536
How do I change my personal information in the Human Resources and Payroll Databases?
To change personal information please submit a Change of Personal Data Form to the Office of Human Resources. If you are participating in the Wage Works Transit and Parking Program, submit their Change of Personal Information form to the Office of Human Resources. Contact your union/welfare fund and pensions plan directly.
Why is there a discrepancy between my gross annual earnings and my annual base salary?
For full time employees computation of the biweekly wage is made by dividing the annual salary by the number of calendar days in the year and multiplying this result by fourteen (the number of calendar days in a pay period). For further information please review this link: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hr/documents/LeapandNon-LeapYearFactorMemo2020.pdf
What happens if I lost my paycheck?
In the event you lost your paycheck, please submit a Stop Payment and Reissue Check Form to the Compensation Unit. This process takes four to six weeks and will be mailed to the address on file.
How long does it take to make a change to my direct deposit information?
Direct Deposit changes will take effect 2-3 pay periods after a new Direct Deposit form with all fields properly completed has been submitted to the Compensation Unit.
When closing my direct deposit bank account who should I contact first, my bank or Baruch College Compensation Unit?
We advise employees to close their direct deposit account with the Compensation Unit first to avoid the check being kicked back to the State.
Minimum Wage Information
New Minimum Salary Increases for Select Full Time Classified Titles
Minimum Wage Info-Phased-in Implementation
Minimum Wage Info-Student Aides
Minimum Wage Info-Hourly Employees