Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Summer Salary Policies and Procedures for Grant Accounts or College Funds Administered at the Research Foundation
Important information concerning the CUNY/RF Summer Salary Process
- Effective Summer 2010, CUNY no longer uses paper Summer Salary Certification forms. Instead, faculty members should submit an electronic "Payment Authorization" for each pay period via the Research Foundation's new Summer Salary system. However, faculty should continue to submit a paper PAF and Multiple Position Policy Summer Assignments Reporting form at the beginning of the summer so that appropriate funds may be encumbered on their respective grants.
- A faculty member's total time and salary allotted for their summer appointment (which consists of research and/or teaching) should not exceed 100% of their time and, on a per month basis, more than 1/9 of the faculty member's annual CUNY salary.
- The summer salary electronic system bases each faculty member's salary on the current salary information provided from the CUNYfirst system.
Baruch College Campus Internal Policies & Procedures
for Summer Salary Payments
Please note that if you have inquiries regarding the campus procedures, payment schedules, payroll problems, etc. you must contact the SPAR Office at (646) 312-2205 or Zolicia.Abotsi@baruch.cuny.edu. Please do not contact the CUNY Human Resources Department regarding your payment unless instructed otherwise.
If you are currently receiving your regular academic salary via Direct Deposit from Baruch College payroll then you should expect to receive your summer salary research payments via direct deposit as well. If you encounter any problems with your direct deposit payment, please contact SPAR immediately.
All Baruch faculty and staff receiving summer salary payments from their research grants or department funds that are administered by the Research Foundation must adhere to the following procedures:
- Complete the Summer Salary Personnel Action Form by including the following information:
• Social security number
• Full name
• Alternate Mailing Address
• Project Number (also known as the Research Foundation grant account number)
• Start Date and End Date
• Current Pension Plan (i.e. TIAA-CREF, TRS)— if you are not aware of this information, please contact Baruch College's Human Resources Department at (646) 660-6590 during normal business hours.
• E-mail Address (to receive important notifications throughout the summer months)
• Phone number
• Your Signature
• Project Director's signature
- Submit your completed original PAF along with a completed copy of your Multiple Position Policy Summer Assignments Reporting Form (SARF, signed by your department chair) to the SPAR Office for processing.
- After your information is entered into the Summer Salary electronic system, you will receive a notification from the RFCUNY Summer Salary System.
- After each pay period, log-in to the Research Foundation's new Summer Salary system to submit your "Payment Authorization" request for that specific period. If you do not know your log-in info, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Research Foundation. If we do not receive your request by the deadline then you will not receive your payment on the scheduled pay date.
Last Updated on 07/30/2017