Baruch College welcomed students and administrators from Strathmore University in Kenya
In its landmark Global Strategic Plan 2015-2019, Baruch College articulated its goal to become a more international campus, and not just because of our uniquely diverse student population. As the world becomes increasingly globalized, we want to build on our intrinsic diversity—our student population represents more than 160 nationalities and 130 languages—so our graduates may be more international and inclusive, and better prepared for the world that awaits them. Our mission is to have 15% of our undergraduates benefit from an international experience during their time at Baruch. To achieve this, we are:
- Cultivating more opportunities for our students to study or work abroad.
- Expanding internships and experiential learning programs with the global companies and international organizations that are in New York City.
- Recruiting highly competitive international students to study at Baruch.
- Supporting our faculty in their quest for international grants and collaborative research with university partners abroad
- Encouraging students to pursue international scholarship and fellowship opportunities such as Fulbright, Gilman, Critical Language, Boren, Ford and others
- Hosting cultural and international events on campus such as China @ Baruch and Brazil @ Baruch.
- Connecting with our vast alumni network around the world.
Baruch's commitment to globalization will impact every aspect of the College community as well as the world around us.