In support of Governor Cuomo’s New York State on PAUSE executive order, the Baruch College campus is not accessible to students, faculty, and staff. All courses, student support services, and administrative offices are fully operational in distance formats.
Distance Learning in Effect through Summer Session
Baruch’s highest priority is protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, while maintaining academic and business continuity to help ensure students’ ability to finish the semester and protect their financial aid. Having converted all courses to remote formats for the spring semester, Baruch will maintain distance learning through summer session.
Some academic calendar deadlines have also been extended, and a special COVID-19 Flexible Grading Policy for students enrolled in credit-bearing courses is in place for the Spring 2020 Semester. Visit CUNY's continuity for students site for additional information and policy changes related to distance learning, and view the updated academic calendar for adjusted dates and deadlines.
Reporting COVID-19 Cases
Baruch is working with CUNY to maintain accurate records of any coronavirus cases in our community. Please follow the steps below to report a COVID-19 case (e.g., exposure, self-quarantine).
When to report: Once you have spoken with a medical professional, and if you are determined to be at risk or given guidance to self-quarantine, please immediately notify the College.
Where to report your status:
- Students should email the dean of students at email@example.com.
- Faculty and staff should email the Executive Director of Human Resources Andrea Caviness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to report: Please address the following, as appropriate:
- You have a good faith belief you have been exposed to coronavirus and have self-quarantined.
- You were in close contact with someone who has tested positive, and you have self-quarantined.
- You attended a large gathering that resulted in a self-quarantine.
- You are actively sick with COVID-19 symptoms and are either self-quarantined or directed by a medical professional to self-quarantine.
Baruch’s coronavirus liaison is responsible for collectively reporting this information to CUNY.
Please consult CUNY’s guidelines for suspected exposure here.