The BBA program consists of 124 credits: a minimum of 62 credits in arts and sciences and 54 credits in required business courses (30 credits in the business base and 24 credits in the major). The remaining 8 credits are considered free electives and may be used for arts and sciences and business courses. Students must not only maintain a minimum C average (or 2.0 GPA) in their degree work, but they must also achieve at least a C average in their major and must complete a minor in arts and sciences (Liberal Arts minor). The minor requirement, which is included in the 62-credit arts and sciences requirement, consists of three courses of disciplinary study (in some instances, interdisciplinary). The first two courses are taken at the 3000 level or higher, and the final course must be a 4000-, 5000-, or 6000-level capstone course. Capstone courses are research oriented and communication intensive. Students may choose to complete a second minor in a business discipline using free electives.
- A minimum of 60% of the credits in the major field must be completed at Baruch College.
- A transfer student must meet all degree requirements and take a minimum of 31 credits at Baruch for the BBA degree.
- Second degree students cannot major in Accounting.
- A second-degree business student must meet all degree requirements and complete a new specialization and take a minimum of 31 credits at Baruch, of which a minimum of 27 credits must be in business courses.
- None of the courses in the second major can have been used for the previous major if your first undergraduate degree was completed at Baruch.
- There is no GPA requirement for College Option courses, but to graduate with a liberal arts minor, a student must have a grade point average of at least 2.0 in the three courses that make up the minor.
Eligibility Criteria / Pre-Business Courses
In order to be eligible for admission into the Zicklin School of Business, students need to satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Completion of COM 1010 Speech Communication and ENG 2150 Writing II
- Completion of the following 8 pre-business courses with a minimum 2.25 GPA1, 2 or higher
- ACC 2101 Principles of Accounting
- CIS 2200 Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies
- ECO 1001 Microeconomics
- ECO 1002Macroeconomics
- ENG 2100 Writing I
- LAW 1101 Fundamentals of Business Law
- Calculus - MTH 2205/2207/2610 (or equivalent)
- STA 2000 Business Statistics I
- Completion of at least 45 credits with an overall Baruch GPA3 of 2.25 or higher
1 Domestic transferred pre-business course grades will be used in calculating the pre-business GPA.
2 International transferred and AP credit pre-business courses will not be used in calculating the pre-business GPA.
3 New transfer students who have completed all pre-business courses will be eligible for admission to Zicklin despite the fact that they do not have a Baruch GPA.
Zicklin Admission Process
There are no applications. Students who fulfill all requirements stated above will automatically be reviewed for admission approximately 2-3 weeks after the semester ends.
Exceptions that require manual processing:
- Students whose lowest calculus (transferred or AP credit) is MTH 3010 or higher must go to Rm VC 13-240 after completing all eligibility requirements stated above, to be manually admitted into Zicklin .
- Students who have transferred pre-business courses that posted onto their Baruch transcript with grades (A+, D-, S, or P) must go to Rm VC 13-240 after completing all eligibility requirements stated above, to be manually admitted into Zicklin.
In order to be considered for admission, students must have an intended BBA plan (major) on their CUNYfirst account prior to completing all eligibility requirements. Students can check their CUNYfirst Student Center (click “My Academics”) to see if their plan (major) is correct. If a student's plan is not already a BBA plan, they must make sure to submit an intended major change form to the Registrar's Office before the semester ends, or else the student's admission into Zicklin will be delayed.
Required Business Base Courses (30 credits)
|Principles of Accounting (pre-business course)|
|Principles of Managerial Accounting For Non-accounting Majors|
|Accounting Information Systems (for Accounting Majors)|
|Introduction to Business (pre-business course)|
|Introduction to Information Systems and Technologies (pre-business course)|
|Fundamentals of Business Law (pre-business course)|
|Principles of Finance|
|Fundamentals of Management|
|Service Operations Management|
24 Credits Required in the Major
The following are all the BBA majors in the Zicklin School of Business. Students are required to choose and complete one major.
- Computer Information Systems
- Economics (BBA)
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- International Business
- Management - Entrepreneurship
- Management - Human Resource Management
- Management - Operations Management
- Marketing - Advertising and Marketing Communication
- Marketing - Digital Marketing
- Marketing - General Marketing
- Marketing - International Marketing
- Real Estate - Real Estate Development
- Real Estate - Real Estate Investment
- Statistics and Quantitative Modeling (BBA)