- This tends to occurs when the application has been inactive for many days (over the weekend or more)
1. Open Outlook on your Desktop (not the web application nor on your phone as this issue only occurs on the Desktop Application)
2. Select Send/ Receive
3. Search on the right for a Globe with a X
4. Click on the Globe that says “Work Offline”
Black Arrow: This is the status of your Outlook Currently “Working Offline” which is why it is not up to date as the Web application or Phone Application
5. After you have clicked on “Work Offline”, the symbol will not change.
What changes is the status of the application as shown below. The logo no longer has an X and the status is “Connected to: Microsoft Exchange”.
Your mailbox will start populating your e-mails please give it a few minutes.