Skip to content


Billing for Tuition and Fees

The Bursar is responsible for collecting payments for tuition and fees at Baruch College. Questions related to these bills should be initially handled by the Bursar Office. Please contact or visit the office for more information

Employee sponsored plans and third party vouchers

Obtain a voucher from your employer or organization and present it at the time of registration to defer your tuition.  Third party vouchers are applicable only when the college is authorized to directly bill the company.  The voucher or letter must be on company letterhead and must state your name, student ID number, semester and the amount of the voucher.  You should be prepared to pay any difference in tuition and fees not covered by your employer or third party.  Employee reimbursement plans are not considered third party.

back to top

Appeal process for disputing tuition charges
In instances related specifically to registration billing and penalty issues, if a student feels that the school charged them incorrectly or they were penalized unfairly they can appeal the charges. These cases usually relate to dropping of courses (and the penalties associated with dropping on or after the first day of classes) as well as the billing status (resident versus non-resident) of a student. The student must put their complaint in writing (with all documentation that reinforces the students reasons for appeal) and present the information to the Registrar's Office. All complaints are discussed at regularly scheduled refund committee meeting where each case is approved or disapproved by the committee. The Registrar's Office will contact the student and inform them of the result of the committee review.

back to top

Financial Aid

To ensure that financial aid is applied to your bill in a timely manner, you should check that you have indicated the correct school code on your FAFSFA and TAP applications.  The federal code for FAFSFA is 007273.  The code for TAP is 1409.

The financial aid listed on your bill is estimated until paid.  Your financial aid is based not only on financial need, but your enrollment (#of credits you are taking) status, citizenship, residency, etc.  If you drop classes, take classes that do not count towards your degree or stop attending, your financial aid could be adversely affected.  If your financial aid is decreased during or after the semester, you are responsible for paying any subsequent balance due.

back to top

Return of Financial Aid Award

If you withdraw from all of your classes, the college is required to perform a recalculation of your Title IV eligibility.  Title IV funds include PELL, SEOG, Federal Direct Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, etc.  The percentage of aid earned is calculated based on the number of days you attended.  Any aid or loans you received in excess of the recalculated amount must be returned to the appropriate federal program.  You will be billed for any Title IV funds returned on your behalf by the College.

back to top

Residency Deferments
CUNY regulations require that every student that is admitted to Baruch for the first time or is returning after skipping a semester must prove that they are a New York State resident.  Residency forms and instructions are available on the Admissions Office website.  If you are filing residency documents with the Admissions office, a temporary deferral of the non-resident portion of your tuition will be granted upon request.  Once the student's residency is approved, the deferment will be reversed. If the student's residency is not approved, the student will be liable for the amount that was deferred.

back to top

CUNY Policy Regarding Collection Agency Costs
If you do not make full payment on your tuition and fees and other college bills and your account is sent to a collection agency, you will be responsible for all collection costs, including agency fees, attorney fees and court costs, in addition to whatever amounts you owe the college.  Students whose accounts are sent for collection must pay the collection agency directly.   Payments will not be accepted at the Bursar Office once an account is sent for collection..

In addition, non-payment or a default judgment against your account may be reported to a credit bureau and reflected in your credit report.

back to top