Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Full Time Administrative Staff and Faculty at Baruch College are eligible for a free personal copy of Microsoft Office through the CUNY eMALL. This free copy is for use on personally-owned computers and should not be installed on any Baruch-owned equipment. Read below for more instructions on how to access your copy of Microsoft Office 2013.
Where to Download Office 2013:
Faculty and staff are entitled to one free copy of Office 2013 for use on a home computer or laptop that is not owned by the college. Follow the steps below to download your personal copy of Office 2013.
NOTE: Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements before downloading Office 2013. Do not download Office 2013 from the CUNY eMALL for use on your office computer at Baruch.
1. Log into the CUNY portal at http://www.cuny.edu
2. Select “CUNY eMALL” located below the banner.
3. Select “Software.”
4. Select “Microsoft Software.”
5. Select “Start Shopping.”
6. Select “Microsoft Office 2013.”
7. Slect "Add To Cart."
8. Select "Check Out" to begin the download process.
9. After checking out, you will be taken to a page where your order receipt and product key are displayed. Store your product key in a safe place.
10. On the order receipt page, click the "Start Download" button. The "Download Instructions" page will appear.
11. Click the "Download SDM" button. The SDM will begin downloading.
12. When the SDM has finished downloading, double-click the file and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.
13. Click the "Download .SDX" button on the "Download Instructions" page. If the SDM does not launch automatically once the .SDX has been downloaded, find and double-click the .SDX file to launch it manually.
14. Click the "Start Download" button next to each item on your order that you wish to download.
NOTE: For more details about the SDM, click the question mark icon on the "Download Instructions" page or the "Need Help?" button in the SDM window.