Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Service Alerts
- Myinfo Maintenance on Tuesday, February 19th from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
On Tuesday, February 19th between 10:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M., the Myinfo web site will be
updated to use the CUNYfirst Login userid and password instead of the CUNY Portal userid
and password. Service disruptions are expected during this maintenance window.
CUNYfirst Unavailable February 23 through February 24, 2019 Monthly Maintenance
The CUNYfirst hosting partner will be conducting scheduled monthly maintenance.
CUNYfirst will be unavailable as follows: 7:00PM Saturday February 23 through
7:00PM Sunday February 24
MS Office Suite is available for download
Microsoft Office 365, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneDrive storage access, etc. is now available for all currently enrolled students. If any student is having issues with downloading and installing the MS Office 365 software, please visit the BCTC Help Desk.
Text messages to students
Students have received text messages with the following text: "Hi (name). I wanted to let you know that Baruch College will be starting to text important messages to you on a periodic basis. Please save our number in your phone. Thanks!" This text is from the Office of Enrollment Management and these messages will be used to communicate with students periodically about enrollment and academic issues.
CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite December 13, 2018 through March 1, 2019
During the period of December 13th, 2018 through March 1st , 2019 (9am to 5pm) CIS Security will be upgrading the McAfee Suite on all user's workstations at Albany, ISLG, UAPC, 43rd St, 31st St, 41st St, 42nd St, 57th St, Hudson St, and Court St. Some users might experience minor delays in loading of applications or retrieving mail during the installation.
As part of the upgrade process a reboot of the system will be required.
Please close all applications and log off each night during this maintenance period.
Since CIS is performing this maintenance for specific locations throughout the maintenance window. A reminder maintenance will be sent to the scheduled location prior to their maintenance.
Updated 2/19/2019 8:43AM
News and Updates
- Skip the lines! Web Printing availiable from on- and off-campus
- Office 2016 Upgrades for Faculty and Staff - March 29, 2018
- VPN Software Upgrade - March 8, 2017
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program