Gates Cambridge Trust
This benefaction creates in perpetuity an international scholarship program to enable outstanding graduate students from outside the United Kingdom to study at the University of Cambridge. The Trustees are required to award scholarships on the basis of a person's intellectual ability, leadership capacity and desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout the world by providing service to their communities and applying their talents and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
- May be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- May apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- Must apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: research leading to the PhD degree; one-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, MBA etc.); 2-year MSc degree; second Bachelor degree as an Affiliated Student; MBBChir Clinical Studies.
- Must be admitted to Cambridge through the University's normal academic procedures. The Trust cannot admit students.
- Must have a first class or high second class honors degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
For Students Interested in Study for Second Bachelor degree as Affiliated Student
Affiliated Study: candidates from all countries (except the UK)
Candidates for affiliated study must apply for admission directly to a Cambridge College by 15 October in the year before the academic year in which they wish to start. If they are offered admission by a College, candidates will be sent a Scholarship Application Form, which must be returned to the College by the date shown on the form.
Applicants who are not successful in winning a Gates Cambridge Scholarship will automatically be considered for part-cost awards from the other Cambridge Trusts.
Must be admitted to Cambridge through the University's normal academic procedures. The Trust cannot admit students.