Committee on Academic Standing
The Committee on Academic Standing meets periodically through the academic year to review student appeals in academic matters. The committee is composed of faculty, students and administrators. Appeals considered include:
- Request for a credit overload for any term or session without an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Request for W in a course or total resignation after the deadline
- Request for reinstatement after dismissal
- Curricular adjustments or waivers of academic rules
- Change of grade that is initiated by instructor
- Check Back
Please note: Appeals often require input/recommendations from offices throughout the college. Submission of an appeal before the meeting date does not guarantee the request will be considered at that meeting.
Faculty interested in serving on this committee should contact the Office of the Associate Dean (VC 8-265).