Journalism and the Writing Professions
D&S Wins Silver crown Award
Dollars & Sense, the online magazine of the Department of Journalism and the Writing Professions, has won the latest in a string of major prizes: the Silver Crown in the online magazine category from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (the nation’s top competition for collegiate publications). In effect, this names D&S one of the two best online college magazines in the county.
In the photo, Sylvester Arenas accepts the award from Edmund J. Sullivan, executive director of the Columbia Scholastic Press Association. Arenas, a journalism major, graduated in January; he has three articles currently posted on the site.
In the first two years of its online existence, D&S has taken a Crown each time – and, once again, it was the only finalist from within the CUNY and SUNY systems.
- News and Events
- Journalism and Creative Writing Specialization
- Business Journalism Specialization
- Interdisciplinary Major in Business Writing
- Harman Writer-in-Residence
- Harnisch Journalism Projects
- Ratner Visiting Distinguished Business Journalist Program
- Prizes and Awards
- Journalism Blogs
- Dollars & Sense
- Web Publishing: Limiting Legal Risk