Journalism and the Writing Professions
HARMAN WRITER LAURIE SHECK DISCUSSES
HER BOOK, 'A MONSTER'S NOTE'
At the spring Harman Writer-in-Residence event, poet and novelist Laurie Sheck described how she conceived and wrote her book, “A Monster’s Notes,” which is an unusual hybrid of poetry and fiction. The book imagines the life of Frankenstein as he navigates the years and centuries after the events in Mary Shelley’s novel. The following video contains excerpts from her talk at Baruch College on March 20.
Photos by Glenda Hydler:
Laurie Sheck and Jeffrey Peck, dean of Baruch's Weissman School of Arts and Sciences.
Sheck with Prof. Ely Shipley of the English Department.
- News and Events
- Journalism and Creative Writing Specialization
- Business Journalism Specialization
- Interdisciplinary Major in Business Writing
- Harman Writer-in-Residence
- Harnisch Journalism Projects
- Prizes and Awards
- Journalism Blogs
- Dollars & Sense
- Web Publishing: Limiting Legal Risk