Journalism and the Writing Professions
Dollars & Sense Wins Prestigious Award
The 2008 issue of Dollars & Sense has been awarded a Gold Crown, the top prize for college magazines, from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association. This is D&S's sixth Gold Crown since Prof. Roslyn Bernstein founded the magazine in 1978. The magazine received a Silver Crown for the 2007 issue.
D&S is the only student publication in the CUNY and SUNY systems -- and the only one in the tri-state area -- to win a Crown Award this year, which is open to colleges from around the country.
The editors in chief of the 2008 issue, Heather Schultz and Carlos Macias, (seen here with CSPA executive director Ed Sullivan, center) accepted the Gold Crown at the association’s award ceremony on Sunday, March 15, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel.
- News and Events
- Journalism and Creative Writing Specialization
- Business Journalism Specialization
- Interdisciplinary Major in Business Writing
- Harman Writer-in-Residence
- Harnisch Journalism Projects
- Ratner Visiting Distinguished Business Journalist Program
- Prizes and Awards
- Journalism Blogs
- Dollars & Sense
- Web Publishing: Limiting Legal Risk