Journalism and the Writing Professions
HARMAN WRITER HILTON ALS READS ESSAY, 'MA'
Hilton Als, the Spring 2013 Harman writer-in-residence, held a reading on March 19. He presented a powerful and personal essay titled "Ma," a work in progress, that he said was inspired by the 1970 memoir by Joe Brainard, "I Remember." See a video excerpt and photos of the event.
Photos by Glenda Hydler:
In second photo, Als (center) is seen with Prof. Roz Bernstein, director of the Sidney Harman Writer-In-Residence Program (left) and Prof. Bridgett Davis.
- News and Events
- Journalism and Creative Writing Specialization
- Business Journalism Specialization
- Interdisciplinary Major in Business Writing
- Harman Writer-in-Residence
- Harnisch Journalism Projects
- Prizes and Awards
- Journalism Blogs
- Dollars & Sense
- Web Publishing: Limiting Legal Risk