We Are New York College Ambassadors/University Recruiter
Our office recently launched a Community Campaign based on the nine episode Emmy nominated series We Are New York. The campaign strives to reach the tens of thousands of New Yorkers who need help with English through free conversation classes in community centers, public schools and religious institutions. We’re looking for a University Recruiter(s) at CUNY who would be part of the campaign to help us identify host sites, conduct outreach to students who are interested in facilitating classes for adult New Yorkers (mostly new immigrants), and manage them at their individual campuses or Universities.
We Are New York Job Description
Title: WANY College Ambassadors/University Recruiter
The WANY Ambassador’s role in We Are New York is to expand the program through outreach via the following methods:
- Contact University administration to disseminate information about We Are New York.
- Arrange meetings with administrative staff (in the offices of honors programs, campus life, community service, leadership programs, and other related offices) to present information on We Are New York's mission, and on how students can become involved on and off their respective campuses.
- Establish connections with various offices that deal with students/student involvement.
- Recruit students in their respective campuses or University to be volunteer facilitators.
- Locate and recruit sites throughout NYC to host the We Are New York classes for facilitators and students.
- Make presentations about We Are New York
Commitment: 6 to 12 hours/week for a semester and mostly work at their respective schools. They will be corresponding with the Mayor’s Office of Adult Education via email and phone. Once a month they will all convene to discuss strategies and share success stories. At the start of the program, they will have an orientation and meet the staff at the Mayor’s Office.
For more information about this opportunity contact Ms. Kunchok Dolma at email@example.com or call 212-676-0352. For more information about We Are New York, visit www.nyc.gov/LearnEnglish