If you volunteered with Baruch VITA in prior seasons and would like to return for the upcoming season, you must go through the entire application process again to review concepts and prepare for changes. If you are unable to attend January training, please contact us to see if arrangements can be made.
Refer to Volunteers ⇒ Registered ⇒ Training from the top navigation bar for exact dates and more details on the process.
Step 1: Application (September to November)
Step 2: Screening (December)
- Purchase or print & bind the updated Baruch VITA Textbook
- Submit the take-home, online Pre-Test(s) by December 30
Step 3: Training (January)
- Attend Basic Mandatory Training or Advanced Training
- Attend optional International Tax Training
- Take the sit-down, paper Post-Test
- Submit preferred volunteer locations & hours
Step 4: Volunteering (February to mid-April)
- Prepare at least 45 points worth of tax returns (about 15 returns on average) in at least 3 hours per week (flexible)
Step 5: Recognition (May)
- Participate in the annual Recognition Ceremony & Awards Dinner
- Receive IRS certificates, letters validating community service hours, and letters of recommendation