Always refer to the home page under "Latest News" for specific instructions.
All training sessions are free of charge and are only available to current Baruch students.
"Tax 101" Mini-Training
Recommended for new volunteers who have little or no tax experience. This is an introduction to basic tax concepts (e.g. Federal vs. NY State taxation, filing status, dependency, tax return structure, etc.).
- Basic Pre-Test
- Format: multiple-choice, online, open-book, take-home exam
- Passing grade: 25 out of 30 (80%), two attempts max
- Training (Pre-requisite: Pre-Test)
- Part I: Federal
- Part II: NY State
- Format: multiple-choice, paper, open-book, sit-down exam
- Materials needed: instructions & tax materials, calculator, pen & pencil
International Tax Training
Recommended for volunteers who would be assigned to the on-campus Newman Library site. This training covers special rules for students on international visas.