Transfer Student Orientation
Welcome to Baruch College!
Your first introduction to life at Baruch will be your New Student Orientation day. Your academic advisors and orientation leaders are looking forward to welcoming you and helping you navigate this exciting transition. Please review our website to learn more about Baruch's Orientation program.
How to Receive an Invitation & Register for Orientation
Step 1: Submit the completed Transfer Admission Response Form.
Step 2: Submit the $100 commitment deposit. See your acceptance package for details.
Step 3: Take the CUNY Assessment Test in Mathematics as well as any other proficiency exams that may be required based on your Testing Ticket.
Step 5: Please review the invitation carefully and click on the 'Register' link.
Step 7: The link will connect to PIVOT, your Pathways Introductory Virtual Orientation Tutorial.
Step 8: Once you watch the entire PIVOT tutorial (about 20 minutes), the last slide will provide a link to the registration calendar. Once you are on the calendar you will be able to select your Orientation date. Save this link in case you want to change your date.
What to expect
- A chance to meet other new students and upperclassmen
- Hear all about the clubs and leadership opportunities on campus
- Have your picture taken for your Baruch student ID card
- Activate your CUNYfirst account and Baruch email address
- Meet with an academic advisor in a group setting
- View your transfer credit evaluation
- Get registered for your first semester
Transfer Orientation is scheduled from 10:30 AM - 5 PM. You must arrive on time and stay for the duration of the program.
- Baruch Technology Session
- Lunch & Welcome Program
- Academic Advisement Session
- Course Registration for your First Semester
What to bring
- An official picture ID
- Your immunization records (only if not yet submitted)
- Your social security number (the card itself is not necessary)
- Updated Official College Transcripts (only if not yet submitted)
- Your Orientation RSVP confirmation email