Where Do I Start?
- 2012 Baruch Zone!
- Check out the latest issue of the Baruch Zone - our annual profile of student life at the college.
To our prospective students, colleagues, and friends:
Baruch College is one of the best public institutions in the northeast (U.S. News & World, 2013) so it is no surprise that you are visiting our website to learn more. While the best way to get to know our university is to visit, I will share with you the three important things that make Baruch such a special and unique place to study.
- What makes Baruch unique from other campuses is the energetic atmosphere of New York City. Baruch students are enthusiastic about learning and driven to pursue their intended career by focusing on coursework and internship opportunities that are available to them in the city. The city is your campus and the classroom experience is reflective of this.
- Baruch is one of the few colleges in the country that is recognized for our quality of education and value. This combination is almost nonexistent today in American postsecondary education. How many colleges and universities can you list that have in-state tuition & fees as low as $6,000 per year and just $14,000 for out-of-state students? Compared to our neighboring institutions in Manhattan, Baruch is the “Best College Buys” (Forbes Magazine) that you will find.
- While we keep tuition low we do not short-change students on resources. Students who take the time to get to know campus can easily schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss their program plan, meet with a tutor, obtain career preparation, apply for financial resources, be part of a student organization and ultimately end up with a fruitful college experience.
So what are your next steps? I advise you to do research. Take some time to figure out what you’re looking for in a college by determining your priorities (major, location, size, financial commitment, etc.) and let them lead you to your school. If Baruch lands on your list, please come visit us soon. We’d love to meet you!
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
I am a...
- High School Student
- Seniors, Juniors, Sophomore and Freshmen: look no further!
- Guidance Counselor
- News and useful info regarding Baruch and CUNY admissions
- Transfer Student
- Thinking about making the switch to Baruch? Find out more here.
- Admitted Student
- You've received your official admissions letter from us - here's what to do next!
- International Student
- Overseas and foreign visa-holding applicants
- Tips and specialized advice for parents of college-bound students