RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN GUIDE
The Residence Hall is located at 1760 Third Avenue at 97th Street. Each room in the building is furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, chair, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning unit, television and a bathroom.
How to check-in:
- You will need to check-in with security with a valid form of photo ID. Please check in between 10am and 3pm. Early arrivals will have to wait in the lobby until 12:00pm – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You can unload your belongings in the front of the building. If you have a car, please make sure you pay the meter and mind the parking regulations.
- We will have a Welcoming Team to meet you at the front entrance who will assist you with moving in.
- Your Resident Assistant (RA) will meet you in your room when you check in and do a formal check in and welcome to the building.
Make sure you speak with your roommate(s) before purchasing items so that you can coordinate what to bring!
Things to bring for your stay at the Residence Hall:
- Twin bed sheets
- Alarm clock
- Sheets and blankets
- Cleaning supplies & garbage can
- Surge protector(s)
- Extra-long shower curtain
- Toiletries/Bathroom Supplies including towels and a bathmat
- Kitchen supplies (there are two shared floor kitchens in the building)
- Laundry supplies - Laundry machines are card operated, and the machine only accepts $5, $10 & $20 bills. Washing a load costs $2.00 and drying for a 48 minute cycle is $2.00.
The following items are NOT permitted:
- Personal furniture, television or microwave
- Cooking appliances or electric blankets
- Pets or animals of any kind
- Halogen lights or lamps
- Candles or incense
- Cinder blocks