Getting Help for Alcohol Abuse
How To Stop Using Alcohol:
- Admit that you have a serious problem with alcohol.
- Throw out all the alcohol you have.
- Then, get help. Talk with an alcohol-abuse counselor or mental
health professional (Counseling
Center) about stopping alcohol
use and developing a healthier lifestyle.
- Join Alcoholics
- Face the problems that caused you to turn to alcohol in the
How To Stay Away From Alcohol:
- Respect yourself and treat yourself well.
- Stay away from people who abuse alcohol.
- Discourage friends from abusing alcohol.
- Don't get into situations where you think others will get
- Get involved with responsible people.
- Learn better ways to deal with the problems and difficulties
- Develop other interests and activities.
Addiction Recovery Programs
AL-ANON & ALATEEN
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
American Council on Alcoholism
National Association of Children of Alcoholics
Return to Alcohol menu