FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is the Health Center open on the weekends?
The Baruch Health Center is not open on the weekends. However we do have extended
hours on Mondays and Wednesdays 9am to 8pm, and our regular hours are Tuesdays,
Thursdays and Fridays 9am to 5pm.
2. What type of services does the Health Center offer?
The Health Center offers primary care services such as cold/cough/flu relief,
dealing with sprains, strains, vaccinations, STI/HIV testing, gynecological care
and physical exams.
3. Does the Health Center offer the flu vaccine?
The Health Center offers the flu vaccine to students free of charge in the
Fall semester. Please contact the Health Center for more information.
4. Does the Health Center distribute free medications?
The Health Center distributes free medications for basic aches and pains,
cough/cold, flu and allergies.
5. Can the nurse on staff give me a prescription for birth control and other
Yes. We have a Nurse Practitioner on staff who is qualified to give prescriptions
for birth control and other drugs after meeting with and screening a student.
6. Does the Health Center offer counseling? If not where can I go?
Students are welcomed to talk to the Nurse Practitioner if they suspect their
physical illness is stress related, but are highly encouraged to visit the Baruch
Counseling Center, which is conveniently housed in the same building. The address
is 137 East 25th Street (Annex building), 9th Floor. All student information
is kept confidential.
7. Is there a charge for an initial screening?
There is no charge for an initial screening at the Health Center. If it is
determined that you need to have a special screening done or any blood work performed,
students will have to pay for these services, all of which are offered at a special
8. Is there a doctor or nurse on the premises during all opening hours?
Yes. There is always a Nurse Practitioner or Doctor at the Health Center during
all regular AND extended hours.
9. Does the Health Center administer pregnancy tests?
Yes. The Health Center administers pregnancy tests for those students who
are interested in using that service. Basic pregnancy tests (urine) are performed
free of charge.
10. Do you take credit cards for payments?
The Baruch Health Center now accepts cash, checks, debit or credit cards (excluding American Express and Discover) as payment for services.