ABOUT THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
The office prides itself on its’ ability to respond
to the concerns expressed by all segments of the Baruch College
community and tries its best in either addressing expressed student
concerns directly, or making sure that the student is sent to
the appropriate office that can best deal with their issue(s).
In addition to college wide administrative responsibilities,
the professional staff is actively involved in adjudicating student
academic integrity matters and overseeing the judicial process
for adjudicating other matters pertaining to alleged violations
of the student code of conduct.
The office also handles character references required by select
law schools and character references that may be required by
other colleges and universities for prospective transfer students.
Values of Good Student Affairs Practice:
- engages students in active learning
- helps students build coherent values and ethical standards
- sets high expectations for students and student affairs practitioners
- uses systematic inquiry to improve student and institutional
- provides leadership and efficient use of resources to help
achieve the institution's mission and goals
- forges educational partnerships
- builds supportive and inclusive communities