VETERANS AFFAIRS AT BARUCH - HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Name: Megan Aronson, MA, CHES, Assistant Director of Health and Wellness
Mission: The overall mission of Health and Wellness is to encourage healthy behaviors among undergraduate and graduate students that will not only enhance short term personal and academic achievement but will lay the foundation for a healthy lifestyle for years to come. Health and Wellness at Baruch College is committed to the development of a healthy campus environment that provides opportunities for students to learn about and practice healthy behaviors. By focusing on physical fitness, nutrition, stress management, smoking cessation, alcohol harm reduction education, safer sex, sexual assault prevention, mental health issues, chronic disease prevention, and health screenings, Health and Wellness can contribute to the healthy development of students. Health and Wellness supports SVA by providing a forum for the veteran students to engage with each other beyond the classroom environment, develops co-curricular programs and events, serves as a resource on college related issues and most importantly works with veteran students to ensure that they have a positive experience integrating to Baruch College.
- Meditation class every Tuesday from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. and Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in NVC 3-225.
- Free back rubs every Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Thursday from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in NVC Lobby.
- Yoga class every Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m. in NVC Game Room.
- Running Club meets every Friday at 9:30 a.m. in Health and Wellness Suite, NVC 3-242
- Monthly workshops include topics on stress management, test anxiety, sleep management, nutrition, fitness, sex and healthy relationships, substance abuse, and chronic disease prevention.
Stop by the Health and Wellness Suite, NVC 3-242, to learn more!
Hours/Days: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.