NEW STUDENT PROGRAMS
Welcome New Students!
In order to provide incoming students with a seamless transition into the College, the Office of Student Life provides first-year students and transfer students with an opportunity to develop the tools needed to succeed in their first year at Baruch College. Both Freshman Seminar and Transfer Seminar meet once a week for 75 minutes and are designed to:
- Establish a meaningful relationship between the instructor, peer mentor and students
- Assist students with creating a roadmap to meet their academic, personal, and professional goals
- Provide clear expectations for academic achievement and acceptable codes of conduct
- Create a safe space in which students can share their concerns
- Engage and connect students with the Baruch community and the full array of resources on campus
Additionally, our new student programs provide leadership opportunities for upperclass students. Peer mentors are selected to lead one to two courses alongside an instructor and serve as a mentor for the students in the class.