Orientation Leader 2014
The Orientation Leader specializes in working with incoming first year and transfer students to Baruch College. The OL will be responsible for assisting first year and transfer students successful transition to Baruch. It will be their responsibility to serve as role models and mentors to these first year students and help them acclimate to life at Baruch.
- Participating in a two-day intensive orientation leader
training program that includes experiential training elements.
- Working 80% of Orientation programs during the contracted summer or winter session.
- Understanding all aspects of the orientation program.
- Have excellent organizational skills and clear attention
- Respond to parent, student, staff and faculty inquiries regarding
the Baruch orientation program.
- Assist in implementing programs that promote a well-rounded student life experience.
- Being familiar with and understanding issues of confidentiality.
- Serving as an informed referral source should a student
- Setting appropriate behavioral standards for all students.
- Completing assigned paper work and administrative tasks in
a timely manner.
- Be in good disciplinary standing with the College.
- Assist the office with other duties as assigned.
- Participation in an individual interview.
- Successful completion of Orientation Leader training; dates to be determined. FULL PARTICIPATION IN OL TRAINING IS MANDATORY.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8.
Top 5 Reasons to become an Orientation Leader:
- Gain critical leadership and communication skills and decision-making
- Contribute to your community by serving as a peer mentor.
- Improve your public speaking skills.
- Enhance your resume.
- Develop essential skills that you can use in your life after
Orientation dates have not yet been scheduled for summer 2014. Generally we
have at least one orientation session, sometimes two during a given day. There
are usually two free weeks (first week of July and first week of August) for
vacations. You will learn the schedule at your training session(s).
||Orientation Leader 2014 Description. [PDF]
||Orientation Leader 2014 Application. [PDF]