Degree and Program Requirements
The initial SBL requires:
- Completion of a NYS Registered Program – School Building Leader
- Fingerprint Clearance
- Institutional Recommendation
- Additional Education – Master’s Degree
- Examination – School Building Leader – Part I & II
- Paid, Full-time Classroom Teaching/PPS Experience – 3 Years
- Completion of State Workshops (Child Abuse, Violence Prevention, DASA)
- New York State Teacher Certification Exam - Educating All Students Test (EAS)
The SDL requires:
The paths to SBL and SDL certification are either through courses delivered directly by Baruch College—the SAM program and SDL track—and in partnership agreements with the following:
Baruch’s educational leadership courses are mapped to tailored instruction. The mapping is based on research on how best to cultivate state-of-the-art leadership skills in schools. Instruction is led by expert facilitators with advanced degrees and considerable managerial experience in public education. The latest scholarship is a part of every class and there is considerable hands-on experience in school settings. It is estimated that nearly a quarter of top administrators in the New York City public school system have completed education courses through the partnerships with Baruch College.
How To Apply
To apply, follow the instructions on either the SBL or SDL websites.
Educational leadership inquiries can be made to email@example.com