- Van Ryzin, G., Immerwahr, S., and Altman, S. “Measuring Street Cleanliness: A Comparison of New York City’s Scorecard and Results from a Citizen Survey.” Public Administration Review 68:2.
- Balk, D., Montogomery, M. R., McGranahan, G., Kim, D., Todd, M., Buettner, T., & Dorelien, A. (2009). Mapping Urban Settlements and the Risks of Climate Change in Africa, Asia, and South America. In G. Martine, J.-M. Guzman, G. McGranahan, D. Schensul, & C. Tacoli (Eds.), Population Dynamics and Climate Change (pp. 80-103). New York: United Nations Population Fund and International Institute for the Environment and Development.
- Balk, D. (2009). "More than a name: Why is Global Urban Population Mapping a GRUMPy proposition?" In P. Gamba & M. Herold (Eds.), Global Mapping of Human Settlement: Experiences, Data Sets, and Prospects (pp. 145-161). New York: Taylor and Francis
Storeygard, A., Balk, D., Levy, M., & Geane, D. (2008). "Infant Mortality Rates: Towards a Spatial View". Population, Space and Place, 14(3), 209-229.
McGranahan, G., Balk, D., & Anderson, B. (2007). "The rising risks of climate change: Urban population distribution and characteristics in low elevation coastal zones". Environment and Urbanization, 19(1), 17-37.
- Casey, J. (2010). Policing the World: The Practice of International and Transnational Policing. Durham: Carolina Academic Press.
- Casey, J., & Pike, D. (2009). "Fit for Purpose: Working with the Community to Strengthen Policing in Victoria, Australia." In D. Wisler & I. D. Onwudiwe (Eds.), Community Policing: International Patterns and Comparative Perspectives (pp. 189-213). CRC Press, Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton.
- Casey, J. (2009, July). "Open Borders: Absurd Chimera or Inevitable Future Policy?" International Immigration, 9999(9999), 1-49. Published online ahead of print, see: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122477830/abstract
- Onyx, J., Armitage, L., Dalton, B., Melville, R., Casey, J., & Banks, R. (2009, November). "Advocacy with Gloves On: The "Manners" of Strategy Used by Advocacy Organisations in NSW and Queensland". Voluntas. Published online ahead of print, see: http://www.springerlink.com/content/y5m4lh3q17887340/
- Casey, J., Dalton, B., Melville, R., & Onyx, J. (2009). International Experiences with Regulating Government - Nonprofit Relations: Are Compacts Applicable to the USA? [Monograph]. Working Paper Series, Center for Nonprofit Strategy and Management , Baruch College , New York.
- Chen, B. “Assessing Inter-organizational Networks for Public Service Delivery: A Process-Perceived Effectiveness Framework.” Public Performance and Management Review 31:3.
- Chen, B. “Managing Inter-organizational Partnerships: Preconditions, Processes and Perceived Outcomes” in G.T. Solomon (ed.), Best Papers, Proceedings of the Sixty-Sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (CD).
- Graddy, E., and Chen, B. “Partner Selection and the Effectiveness of Interorganizational Collaborations” in R. O’Leary and L.B. Bingham (eds.), The Collaborative Manager: New Ideas for the Twenty-first Century (Georgetown University Press).
- Chen, G., Forsythe, D., Weikart, L., and Williams, D.W., eds. Budget Tools Book (CQ Press).
- Engel, J. American Therapy: The Rise of Psychotherapy in the United States(Gotham Books).
- Goering, J., Briggs, X., & Popkin, S. (2010). Moving to Opportunity: The Story of an American Experiment to Fight Ghetto Poverty. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Hoffman, D.C. “Concerning Eikos: Social Expectation and Verisimilitude in Early Attic Rhetoric.” Rhetorica 26:1.
- Kafka, J. (2009, August). "Shifting Authority: Teachers' Role in the Bureaucratization of School Discipline in Postwar Los Angeles." History of Education Quarterly, 49(3), 211-246.
- Kafka, J. (2009, August). "The Principalship in Historical Perspective." Peabody Journal of Education, 84(3), 318-330.
- Kafka, J. “Disciplining Youth, Disciplining Women: Motherhood, Delinquency and Race in Postwar American Schooling.” Educational Studies 44:3.
- Kafka, J. “‘Sitting on a Tinderbox’: Racial Conflict, Teacher Discretion, and the Centralization of Disciplinary Authority.” American Journal of Education 114:3.
- Kafka, J. “Thinking Big About Getting Small: An Ideological History of Small School Reform.” Teachers College Record 110:9.
- Korenman, S., Gordon, R., and Kaestner, R. “Child Care and Work Absences: Tradeoffs by Type of Care.” Journal of Marriage and the Family 70.
- Krauskopf, J., & Chen, B. (2010). "Administering Services and Managing Contracts: The Dual Role of Government Human Services Officials". Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, 29(3). Click here to view article.
- Krauskopf, J., Blum, M., Litwin, R., Hughes, J., & Browne, A. (2009, Summer). The Helpers Need Help: New York City's Nonprofit Human Service Organizations Persevering in Uncertain Times. Conducted by the Center for Nonprofit Strategy and Management and Baruch College Survey Research, School of Public Affairs, Baruch College for Human Services Council of New York City.
- Krauskopf, J. (2008, February). "Performance Measurement in Human Services Contracts: Utilization, Operational Feasibility and Value in New York City". New York Nonprofit Press, 7(2).
- Krauskopf, J. (2006). "Social Services in a Post-Disaster Zone: Creating a Coordinating Collaborative of Nonprofit Agencies". In A. White & P. Eisinger (Eds.), Cities at Risk: Catastrophe, Recovery and Renewal in New York and New Orleans. Urban Conversations, Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy.
Nicole P. Marwell
- Marwell, N. P. 2010 (forthcoming). “Political Change and the Institutionalization of the Non Profit Service Delivery Infrastructure.” In E. Clemens & D. Guthrie (Eds.), Politics and Partnerships: Nonprofits and Associations in American Governance (pp. 209-236). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Marwell, N. P. (2009). “On Bodega Dreams.” Sociological Forum, 24(2), 461-464.
- McQuarrie, M., & Marwell, N. P. (2009). “The Missing Organizational Dimension in Urban Sociology.” City and Community, 8(3), 247-268.
- Marwell, N. P. (2007). Bargaining for Brooklyn: Community Organisations in the Entrepreneurial City. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Mitchell, Jerry. Business Improvement Districts and the Shape of American Cities (SUNY Press)
- Muzzio, D., and Muzzio-Rentas, J. “‘A Kind of Instinct’: The Cinematic Mall as Heterotopia” in M. Dehaene and L. De Cauter (eds.), Heterotopia and the City: Public Space in a Postcivil Society (Routledge).
- Smith, R.C. “Contradictions of Diasporic Institutionalization: The 2006 Mexican Migrant Vote and Other Forms of Inclusion and Control.” Ethnic and Racial Studies 31:4.
- Smith, R.C. “Horatio Alger Lives in Brooklyn: Extrafamily Support, Intrafamily Dynamics, and Socially Neutral Operating Identities.” Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 620.
- Smith, R.C. “How and Why We Could Do Immigration Well, But Do It Badly.” Contemporary Sociology 37:4.
- Smith, R.C. “Latino Incorporation into the United States: Local and Transnational Perspectives” in H. Rodriguez, R. Saenz, and C. Menjivar (eds.), Sourcebook on Latino/as in the United States (Springer).
Bryan, S., S. Sofaer, T. Siegelberg and M. Gold, “Rehabilitating Rationing: Has the Time Come for Cost-Effectiveness Analysis?” 2009 Health Economics Policy and the Law, epub ahead of print.
S. Sofaer, S.S. Hopper, K. Firminger, N. Naierman and M. Nelson “Addressing the Need for Public Reporting of Comparative Hospice Quality: A Focus Group Study” Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Safety in Health Care, 2009, 35(8): 422-429.
- Sofaer, S., “Navigating Poorly Charted Territories: Patient Dilemmas in Health Care ‘Non-Systems’” 2009, Medical Care Research and Review, 66: 75S-93S.
- D Wolfson, E Bernabeo, B Leas, S Sofaer, LG Pawlson and D Pillittere “Quality improvement in small office office settings: an examination of successful practices” 2009, BMC Family Practice, 10:14 doi: 10.1186/1471-2296-10-14; available from http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2296/10/14.
Barr, J, Bernard S.L., Sofaer, S., Gianonotti, T.E., Lenfesty, N.F. and Miranda, D.J. “Physicians Views on Public Reporting of Hospital Quality Data” 2008, Medical Care Research & Review, 65(6): 655-673.
- Williams, D.W. “Forecasting Methods for Serial Data” in G. Miller and K. Yang (eds.), The Handbook of Research Methods in Public Administration, 2nd ed. (CRC Press).
- Williams, D.W. “The Mystery of the Disappearing Public Administrators.” PA
- Williams, D.W. “Preparing Data for Forecasting” in J. Sun and T.D. Lynch (eds.), Handbook of Government Budget Forecasting (CRC Press).
- Williams, D.W. Review of “Ethics and New Public Management: Empirical Research into the Effects of Businesslike Government on Ethics and Integrity” by Emile Kolthoff. Public Integrity 10:3.
- Williams, D.W., and Lee, M. “Déjà Vu All Over Again: Contemporary Vestiges of the Early 1900s’ Municipal Budget Exhibit.” American Review of Public Administration 38:2.
- Chen, G., Forsythe, D., Weikart, L., and Williams, D.W., eds. Budget Tools Book (CQ Press). Faculty Research in 2007