Getting Started


Welcome to the School of Public Affairs! Now that you have been accepted into the degree program of your choice, we imagine that you have many questions about starting your educational pursuits. We're here to answer some of those questions and facilitate your transition into graduate school. Below you will find information on all preliminary requirements for enrollment.

The first step toward beginning your studies is letting us know that you will be joining us in the coming semester. Please e-mail us at to inform us of your decision.


Tuition Deposit

A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required for all new students in the MPA and Higher Ed programs to reserve your seat.  Executive MPA students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit.  You may submit your deposit by check or money order, payable to Baruch College.  The tuition deposit will be credited to your first semester’s tuition bill.  If your name has changed or differs from the name that appears on the check, or if the check is from someone other than yourself, please make sure that “Tuition Deposit” and your name with the last 4 digits of your social security number appear in the memo section.  Please submit your deposit to our mailing address, or deliver it in person at our walk-in address:


Mailing Address

Baruch College - School of Public Affairs

Graduate Admissions & Enrollment Services

One Bernard Baruch Way - Box D-0901

New York, NY 10010-5585


Walk-in Address

135 East 22nd Street - 9th Floor


Immunization Requirement

Mandatory for all students born after January 1957

Students cannot be registered without first submitting proof of required immunizations. You can download and print the immunization form, and have your doctor fill out the information, sign, and stamp the form. All students must complete the Meningitis response in Part I of the Baruch College Immunization form. Alternately, to provide proof of immunization, you may also request that a copy of your immunization records be sent from your undergraduate institution.

Another option for students who are unable to provide sufficient documentation of their immunizations, is to obtain an immunization titre, which is a simple blood test that confirms your immunity. This can be done through your own doctor, or you may use the Baruch College Student Health Care Center to complete the titre. You must present your letter of admission to the Student Health Care Center when you visit for your test. The center charges a fee of $60, payable by cash, check, credit or debit. Your results will not be automatically forwarded on your behalf- you will need to submit the titre documentation after you receive it. A copy of the laboratory report must be included with the immunization form if you are submitting a titre.

Where to send your Immunization information:

Mail them to:

Medical Records Unit

One Bernard Baruch Way, Box H-0720

New York NY 10010

Fax: (646) 312-1362 (or 1363)


Records must have an official stamp to be considered official. Be mindful that the name on your medical records must match the name on your Baruch application. If it does not, please be prepared to provide the appropriate documentation of your name change.

For more detailed information on the specific requirements, you can visit the Immunization & Medical Information Page. Please note that the Medical Records Unit for Baruch College is housed in the school’s Undergraduate Admissions Office – so do not worry, you are in the right place!


Residency Application (click here to complete)

(Not Required for Enrollment)

Upon admission, the Office of Student Affairs and Graduate Admissions (SAGA) will make a determination of your residency status based upon information submitted with your application. If the Office of Graduate Admissions cannot make this determination based on the information you provided, you will be notified of the required documentation to qualify for in-state eligibility.

If you are required to provide documentation for eligibility, students must provide proof of Residence in New York State for 12 consecutive months. Please read the NYS Residency Qualifications carefully to learn who may apply and how the Application Requirements can be met. The completed Residency Application Form must be accompanied by all necessary evidence and delivered to the Office of Student Affairs and Graduate Admissions (SAGA) for approval. Students who do not qualify or fail to provide all required documentation will be considered Out-of-State students and will be expected to pay non-resident tuition fees.


Orientation and Registration

We will be holding several orientation meetings prior to the start of the semester, and you will recieve a link via e-mail to RSVP after you notify us of your intent to enroll. Reservations for orientation meetings are on a first-come, first-served basis, so please review your schedule and sign-up for a session you can attend. At orientation, you will meet key administrative staff and obtain important information about the school, graduate life, academic policies and career services.

Shortly after confirming that you will enroll, you will be sent information regarding classes and registration.  Most classes take place in the evening, typically from 6-9pm. There are some afternoon and weekend classes as well.  You will be able to register for full or part-time coursework depending on your preference and course availability.  If you intend or anticipate having to secure loans to pay for your education, it is imperative that you complete the FAFSA.  The code to send your information to Baruch is 007273.  Seven to ten days after completing the FAFSA, call or visit the Office of Financial Aid to see for what types of aid you qualify for.

Please make sure to add to your address book to ensure receipt of all communication from the Office of Student Affairs and Graduate Admissions at the School of Public Affairs.


Transferring Credits

Students who would like to transfer credits to Baruch that have not already been applied to another degree will need to provide syllabi, reading lists, and course descriptions for each course they would like to be evaluated, along with official transcripts (if they were not previously provided in your SPA application). Students should contact to begin the process.

Contact Us   About Our Site   Privacy   Site Map   Text Only   Home
© Baruch College