Welcome to the School of Public Affairs at Baruch College! Below is information for newly admitted students. If you have questions about enrolling, please contact


Intent to Register for Classes Payment

Applicants admitted to the traditional MPA, MSEd-HEA, and SAM Citywide must submit a non-refundable deposit of $250 to reserve a seat for the first semester’s enrollment. EXMPA students are required to submit a $500 non-refundable deposit. The deposit must be made by check or money order, payable to Baruch College. The tuition deposit will be credited to the first semester’s tuition bill.


Admitted Student Reception

Can’t wait to get on campus and meet your classmates and professors? Undecided or have questions about starting grad school? You are invited to join us on campus for a casual “meet and greet” so you may engage with other newly admitted students, current students and faculty, and have the chance to learn more about enrolling at SPA. Please RSVP to attend:

RSVP - Thursday, May 15th


RSVP - Tuesday, June 10th



Immunization Requirement

New York State Law 2165 stipulates that all college students born after December 31, 1956 provide proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. The Baruch College Medical Records Unit process the immunization requirement. The Unit is housed in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, yet it manages both undergraduate and graduate immunization records. All immunization inquires, documentation, and the Immunization Form must be sent to the Medical Records Unit at the address indicated.

There a few ways to provide proof of immunization:

  1. Download the Immunization Record Form and have your health care provider complete and stamp it, then submit it to the Medical Record Unit.
  2. Request a copy of your immunization records be sent from your undergraduate institution to the Medical Records Unit at Baruch College.
  3. Submit an immunization titre to the Medical Records Unit. The titre is a blood test that confirms your immunity. This can be done through your own doctor or the Baruch College Student Health Care Center. You must present your letter of admission to the Student Health Care Center when you visit for your test. The center charges a fee of $60, payable by cash, check, credit or debit. Your results will not be automatically forwarded on your behalf; you will must submit the titre documentation after you receive it. A copy of the laboratory report must be included with the Immunization Record form.

Immunization records must have an official stamp. The name on your medical records must match the name on your Baruch application. If it does not, documentation must be provided of the name change.


Residency (Not required for enrollment)

After you declare your intent to enroll and submit your tuition deposit, a determination is made regarding residency status based upon the information submitted in your application. Further documentation may need to be provided to determine in-state eligibility. Students will be asked to complete a Residency Application Form. It is submitted to SPA Graduate Admissions. Students who do not qualify or fail to provide all required documentation will be considered out-of-state students and will be expected to pay non-resident tuition fees. Link to Tuition and Fees for in-state and out-of-state rates.


International Student Visa

International students must have a F-1 Student Visa or a J-1 Exchange Student Visa to study in the United States. Admitted international students are required to complete the International Student Supplement and to submit all required documentation, a Certification of Finances and Affidavit of Support.



Contact Us   About Our Site   Privacy   Site Map   Text Only   Home
© Baruch College