Dean's Advisory Board
We're privileged to be joined by an esteemed Advisory Board that shares our vision of advancing New York's only public institution dedicated to public affairs. The purpose of the board, which will meet biannually, will be to raise awareness of the School among key public policy members; to help secure the resources needed to fulfill its mission; and to advise the Dean on emerging trends in the public sector.
The advisory board has drawn its membership from a wide range of distinguished men and women who have achieved distinction in their professional careers and in their commitment to public service. The board currently includes Baruch College alumni and non-alumni members, and will over time draw membership from all of the areas served by the School and its programs.
Current Members include:
- Michael Lewan, Chair (Baruch BBA ’72) – Principal in Government Law and Strategies at Brown Rudnick
- Dr. Stuart Altman (Baruch BBA ’59) – Sol C. Chaikin Professor of National Health Policy at Brandeis University’s Heller School for Social Policy and Management
- John Banks (Baruch MPA ’92) – Vice President of Government Relations for Con Edison
- Barbara Fife – Former Director of External Affairs at Baruch College’s School of Public Affairs, and Co-Director of the School’s Center for Innovation and Leadership in Government
- Lewis Friedman – Managing Partner of Eagles Nest Capital, LLC
- Amy Hagedorn (Baruch BBA ’58) – Founder of Sustainable Long Island and serves on the board of advisors of the Long Island Community Foundation (LICF), a division of the New York Community Trust
- Larry Pressler – Former US Senator from South Dakota and named Commissioner for the United States Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad by President Barack Obama
- Sandra Wasserman (Baruch BBA ’55) – Member of the Baruch College Fund and Chairperson of The Bert and Sandra Wasserman Foundation
- Susanna Zwerling – Vice President, Government and External Affairs, Verizon New York