The face of public service is changing, and changing rapidly. What hasn't changed is the dedication and passion of those preparing for careers in public service. To succeed, they will need to master new tools and stay abreast of the ever-evolving landscape of civic service and public policy. That is where the School of Public Affairs truly excels, with:
- Best of breed educational programs offering the depth, breadth, and rigor necessary for success in a changing environment
- Incisive research on critical public issues
- A deep roster of programs designed for both new, and mid-career professionals
- Robust public programs that bring together our faculty, students, and members of the communities we serve with leading policy makers and academics
- Dynamic partnerships with universities on four continents
- A proven record of diversity; more than half of our students and alumni are from traditionally under-represented groups
- A commitment to community preeminent among the nation's leading schools of public policy and administration
The School has grown prodigiously over the last two decades, and has developed programs to meet the manifold challenges of the public sector it serves. We are enormously proud of our students, our more than 6,000 alumni, and our faculty, which is among the largest and most distinguished in the nation. We thrive on the certain knowledge that the Baruch College School of Public Affairs is the best place to discover the positive impact that can be made on your career, on engagement with the world around you, and on the success and vitality of the public sector itself. So whether you are a prospective student, a colleague in public sector research and education, the executive director of a nonprofit organization, a public school principal, or a government leader, I am delighted that you are taking this opportunity to learn more about SPA.
With warm regards,
David S. Birdsell
Learn more about the Dean here.
Read the latest Dean's News here.