Spring 2015 new SEEK transfer notifications will begin by November 1, 2014
SEEK transfer students should direct their inquiries to: Gloria.Paulus@baruch.cuny.edu 646-312-4649 or Rebecca.Quainoo@baruch.cuny.edu 646-312-4622
The Transfer Experience
Transferring from one school to another can be difficult and intimidating---all
over again, you must adjust to a new environment and community. However,
because you are transferring from another special program to SEEK, you will find
that there are many resources to help the process run smoothly.
Please consider the recommendations below as you begin the transfer process. Be advised that this list highlights the basic procedures and is not all-inclusive. Your school may have special transfer requirements.
- Complete the CUNY online Transfer application.
Please Note: For new SEEK/College Discovery/EOP/HEOP transfer students, acceptance to
Baruch College does not guarantee acceptance to the SEEK Program at Baruch
- Make sure to submit the Counselor Recommendation form to the SEEK Program at Baruch College
and UAPC by the CUNY-Wide priority deadline (September 15th for the Spring and February
1st for the Fall).
[Download form (PDF)]
- Next, go to www.hesc.com for
your TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) application. You must also be sure to indicate
the Baruch College school code: 1409.
For inquiries about the SEEK Program call 646-312-4649 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEEK for Transfer Students
The Baruch College SEEK Transfer Division is dedicated to making the transition from your previous college to Baruch as smooth as possible. A variety of services are available to ensure that your experience here will be successful and rewarding.
All SEEK students are required to maintain full-time status.
SEEK Transfer Orientation
Whether you transfer to Baruch in September or January, you must attend the Transfer orientation geared specifically to Baruch SEEK students.
During this orientation, you will:
- Learn about the campus and its resources.
- Meet the SEEK Staff and learn about the requirements of the SEEK Program.
Be aware of the following:
- Credit is only accepted for courses taken at institutions that are
recognized by one of the regional accrediting commissions.
- If you are transferring from a CUNY two-year school (College Discovery Program), your degree must be on file with Baruch College by the beginning of the term. Other wise, you will not be permitted to participate in the SEEK Program.
- All SEEK students are required to maintain full-time status.
- All new SEEK transfer students will be required to participate in the SEEK Program transfer seminar. The seminar will be a ten-week course. This means some of the sessions will be in class and the remaining sessions will be online.